Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Options
RMLMoore
RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
Loved this thriller - great writing, fast moving and interesting plot with lots of twists. Anyone else a fan? I looked at her other books but was not inspired to buy them - has anyone else read them?

Replies

• Faery61
    Options
    I really liked this book as well. It had so many plot twists that I had to go back and reread it. I think that eventually I will read her other novels but I haven't yet.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I've read all of her novels. They were wonderful.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this one yet... although it surfaces on my kobo from time to time... I just finished Unwind, by Neal Shusterman - OMG... it's a trilogy and I can't read the next one yet because I don't think I'm emotionally ready - LOL!!!! Now just plundering my way through a chick book to take a break...
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    OK. Just sent it to my kindle. Thanks for the suggestion. Now, I just need to read the 20 books ahead of it.....gotta love a kindle.
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OK. Just sent it to my kindle. Thanks for the suggestion. Now, I just need to read the 20 books ahead of it.....gotta love a kindle.

I just broke my Kindle and there were over 200 books on it. My hubs thinks he can fix it.... buy a new screen for $50. *sigh*

Pretty devastated. Have to wait til I can afford it. So for now its back to the local library

and I am # 206 on the wait list for THIS book. LOL
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I just finished "Gone Girl" a few days ago and started on "dark places".
    "Gone Girl" was fantastic. I am totally impressed by Gillian Flynn's writing. Don't want to drop spoilers, but would love to discuss the ending!
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's my next read
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I just finished "Gone Girl" a few days ago and started on "dark places".
    "Gone Girl" was fantastic. I am totally impressed by Gillian Flynn's writing. Don't want to drop spoilers, but would love to discuss the ending!

Loved the read and the writing. Would also like to discuss the ending...maybe when all have finished the book they could make some comments.

Just finished " Light Between the Oceans" by M.L. Stedman. Could not put is down.
  • eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Amazon had this on sale at Christmas and it's been sitting on the floor next to my bed ever since. After reading how much ya'll love it, its going to have to be my next read. :)
  • MrsBarkhouse
    Options
    I am 3rd on a waiting list for "Gone Girl" at my local library. Hopefully I will get it in a month or two. :)
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I've read Gone Girl and Sharp Objects, both were really freaky I thought. (Freaky in a good way. :laugh: ) The end of Sharp Objects will blow you away also.

I have Dark Places on my reader but needed to take a break after Sharp Objects. I think I will need a three day weekend with no plans because it was very hard to put the other two down.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I loved Gone Girl but hated the ending!
  • EIEIElenaO
    EIEIElenaO Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I read her first two. Didn't like them nearly as well, but liked that they kind of showed how her writing progressed to Gone Girl (which I loved). Still good books though and definitely worth my time.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Think i am in the minority, but i didnt like this at all!
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Exactly :ohwell:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

Exactly :ohwell:

I enjoyed the ending. It was unexpected.
  • momtomm
    momtomm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded this book!
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm right in the middle and can't put it down!! :noway:
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    OK, I couldn't put this book down and I finished it. I'd love to take part in a discussion of the ending. :sick:
  • jennyk3298
    Options
    I am a librarian at a small public library and I have to say 95% of our patrons who read the book loved it. I however, did not! It completely unnerved me and was just too chilling for me. I normally love these types of books but something about this one really turned my stomach. That being said, it was still one of the best discussions I've had so far with my book club. I am curious to see how the movie will be as well.