Options
mamajenb
mamajenb Posts: 53 Member
Went to meeting with the dietitian yesterday and had my A1C checked and she said she would be happy if it was 6.7 it came back at 5.7 down from 8.5 in October so no more Metformin for me. Much of our conversation started with me saying "the MFP people say ..." So thankful I have found MFP and this support group.

Replies

• bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Wow great A1C mamajenb! No more Met! I'm so happy to have found MFP too. It's a great tool for us to use in helping us make informed eating decisions to manage our lifestyles, where in the past for me, I was always guessing.
    Good for you and Great Pic!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's truly fantastic! Yippee!!!!!!
  • MoCrafter
    MoCrafter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I am going Monday to have mine checked. It was 7.2 in Nov. I am hoping for at least in the 6s. (grin)
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    MoCrafter-mine was 7 in November and I go next month. Guess we are in the same range!
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great reduction......I was afraid once on metformin that I'd always have to stay on it. You give me hope! Thanks much!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    That's great. Keep up the good work.
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear and a real encouragement to the rest of us. Keep up the good work.
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • katduck8
    Options
    So good to hear..I was just diagnosed and put on metformin.. I have lost 6 lbs, can't believe The scale is not showing more with all the lovely metformin poop.. Anyhow, thanks for sharing, thats so encouraging!!!
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Options
    MamajenB... WOW!!!! Congratulations and glad to see it (A1C) headed down as much as it did. You should be encouraged and proud.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Fantastic drop. I wish my a1c would nosedive like that. Only thing that's dropping here is the weight. Was 6.9, 3 months later 6.5, 3 months later STILL 6.5. Eager for March's results. Encouraging to see it can happen to others, I'd like to take 2 less pills a day.
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good for you, mamajenb. Mine is sitting at 5.7, too, but my doc has yet to take me off the met. I go back for labs in two weeks, so I'll see what the numbers have to say then.