Need low carb alcoholic beverage recommendations...

Options
emstethem
emstethem Posts: 263 Member
I'm having a little get together this weekend, but I don't want to cheat...any recommendation for an alcoholic beverage that I might be able to enjoy without sabotaging everything? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks. :)

Replies

• SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hard liquor with diet pop is your best bet. I do whisky and diet coke a lot.
  • emstethem
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah, that does sound simple and good! I did a google search on low carb margaritas though (I love margaritas and I really don't want to give them up if I can help it...) check this out and tell me what you think:

Low Carb Margarita

Ingredients:

1 jigger (1.5 oz) tequila
    2 Tablespoons (1 oz) lime juice - bottled more convenient, fresh tastes a lot better
    1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) water
    1/4 teaspoon orange extract
    1 Tablespoon's worth artificial sweetener (I like to use liquid, carb-free types)
    Ice - small handful
    Margarita salt or kosher salt

Preparation:
    Wet the rim of the glass and dip into a small plate of salt.

Combine all ingredients. You can either serve it over ice (in Mexico I've usually been served it this way, but I can't say I've had extensive experience), or strained into the glass, or blended in a blender.

2 grams of carbohydrate using bottled lime juice, 2.5 for fresh.

Sound good? I'm going to try it...
  • bassejm0
    bassejm0 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I found a really good recipe for low carb margaritas! It was from Hungry Girl. It was tequila + diet sprite (or any diet lemon lime soda) + sugar free lemonade mix. Love me some margs.
  • emstethem
    Options
    I ended up mixing Fresca and Vodka. :) it was pretty good. Thanks for your suggestions.
  • kassandracat
    kassandracat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I was actually about to suggest Vodka, and sprite/fresca!! Great minds think alike :)
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Diet soda and liquor really are your best bet. After induction, Atkins allowed a glass of red wine with dinner. I am looking forward to that day!