Induction Too Many Times?

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum, but not new to Atkins. I've done Induction a few times in the past with success. My question is, is there anyone out there who has started Atkins Induction many times? Does it start becoming less effective the more times you re-start Induction? I've probably started Induction about 4 or 5 times...finished Induction and then fallen off the wagon. I know I need to continue with the Atkins WOE and not fall off the wagon. So today I'm re-committing, and I'm going to do the plan like I'm supposed to.
I'm just worried that because I've started Induction so many times, it might not work for me anymore???
ps: I don't have a huge amount to lose..about 15 lbs or so...
=) THanks so much in advance, and I'm psyced about finding this group! I need the support! =)
VIcki

Replies

• From what I have read, it is possible that multiple times may slow down the effect of weight-loss during induction. Also, the less you have to lose, the less you may also lose in induction...someone with 60 pounds versus 20 pounds will more than likely lose more quickly in induction.

I have done it numerous times. I may have slowed a bit. But I was able to get into ketosis so I knew I was burning fat even if the scale wasn't reflecting it. I also took measurements and that will also reflect fat loss even if the scales don't. Make sure you take your measurements so if you aren't losing like you remember you will have another way to gauge it.

Congrats to you for coming back and best wishes!!!
  • Thank you so much for responding! I very much appreciate it! Yeah, and the first time I did it I was 25..and I'm 33 now and have had a pregnancy. I think it'll work, if I stick to it perfectly. Thanks a ton again. =)
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    I think the difference from the first induction to now, is the introduction of so many low carb "frankenfoods" and fake junk foods! Don't eat anything that looks like candy, cake, ice cream, etc. Sticking to fresh meats, veggies and great amounts of good fats is the way to kick start your weight loss. I, personally can't eat any of the Atkins bars and Indulgence snacks. They stall me big time! I can drink the shakes once in a while but not every day. I think the notion that anyone can eat those things and continue to lose weight is a big fat lie. So try it clean and see what happens!
  • I agree, LaJaunaF!! I'm so fortunate to be part of a great CSA, so all my meat is organic and fresh...I plan to eat NO frankenfoods because they've stalled me in the past bigtime. Have you re-started Induction numerous times like I have? If so, were you still able to lose during subsequent Inductions?
    =)
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    I agree, LaJaunaF!! I'm so fortunate to be part of a great CSA, so all my meat is organic and fresh...I plan to eat NO frankenfoods because they've stalled me in the past bigtime. Have you re-started Induction numerous times like I have? If so, were you still able to lose during subsequent Inductions?
    =)

Yes, I have been off and on induction a dozen times. You would think that the benefits of reduced inflammation, arthritis, and sleep apnea, I would stay on plan, but I am a true addict. I can't have one bite without falling headlong into the junk food of my past. I always lose quickly the first week and then settle into a 1-3 lbs a week pattern, week after week.
  • kassandracat
    kassandracat Posts: 30 Member
    It is my second time.& for me, yes, last time I lost bout 10 pounds the first week alone & I didn't have much to lose altogether just about 16 pounds, & this time I have only lost 5 which is still a lot, but, much less then the first time :) I still have one more week on induction, so I guess i'll really see if it slows down or not.
  • Thanks again, guys for responding. I have to say, I'm encouraged knowing that it still works doing it many times. Today was my first day back on; I will stick with it this time, and do the diet like it was intended!
    Thanks again for the support--it's much needed!
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    I've done it a few times, and it still seems to work well for me. I restarted induction at the beginning of the month and am lowering my carbs back down again today. I haven't ate on plan for a few days due to some hectic life stuff and I need to get back on track. The only thing that sucks is sometimes I do get the carb flu and other times I don't. I'm definitely feeling it today though!

My losses always seem pretty good the first week. The very first time I did Atkins I lost 14 lbs in a month, and I haven't seen losses like that since then, but I still lose consistently.
  • sgh10
    sgh10 Posts: 109 Member
    This will be my 3rd time hopefully I can keep it up have just joined your group
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    I don't think it matters. I'm on my third round in 10 years, and it's working. I'm on day 4 and down 5.6 pounds. But I'm doing the strict 1972 version. Back then it was counting carbs not "net" carbs. No bars or treats. The old version turns hunger and cravings completely off. You have to make yourself eat.