Fat Bomb

Options
What is the purpose of a fat bomb? Does anyone use them?

Replies

• Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Now that's something I haven't heard of before....curious about this also!
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    I have been googling them...they are supposed to help with the good fat. Some say it helps with carb cravings. I started thinking about them again when I read the Bullet Proof Coffee thread. Was wondering if I had a fat bomb with a cup of coffee in the morning it it would have the same effect?

Here are 2 recipes I found:

http://wifezillasway.blogspot.com/2012/01/abi-faes-fat-bombs.html

http://untilthethinladysings.blogspot.com/2013/01/best-fat-bombs.html

My only reservation is spening the money on the ingredients. :bigsmile:
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options

That is possibly the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life!!
  • siblita
    siblita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've just started using them to get back on track, and it has been a smashing success. I can't believe that I can eat something this good and I actually keep losing! I use kerrygold butter, natural peanut butter, coconut oil, cocoa and liquid splenda. Delicious!
  • Clownfish423
    Options
    Wow, I must try this TODAY!
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    I've just started using them to get back on track, and it has been a smashing success. I can't believe that I can eat something this good and I actually keep losing! I use kerrygold butter, natural peanut butter, coconut oil, cocoa and liquid splenda. Delicious!

Would you mind posting the full recipe?
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Was wondering if I had a fat bomb with a cup of coffee in the morning it it would have the same effect?
    I think it would have the same effect. The whole point is to do a fat load without breaking your fast with any large degree of substance in your stomach. THat keeps you in fat burning mode, essentially you continue to be in a fasted state. The goal is to achieve another few hours of being fasted while providing your body with the energy you need in the AM.

Certainly couldn't hurt to try and those "fat bombs" look yummy.
  • Clownfish423
    Options
    I think it would have the same effect. The whole point is to do a fat load without breaking your fast with any large degree of substance in your stomach. THat keeps you in fat burning mode, essentially you continue to be in a fasted state. The goal is to achieve another few hours of being fasted while providing your body with the energy you need in the AM.

Thanks for explaining this. I was wondering what the purpose was (other than it sounded really good)!
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Do you have to special order coconut oil and liquid splenda? I looked at my grocery store and didn't see any.
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Do you have to special order coconut oil and liquid splenda? I looked at my grocery store and didn't see any.

I bought mine at Trader Joe's
  • julz6211
    julz6211 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Coconut oil - I've found it in organic foods and in supplements both. Also at the supplements type stores. And you can buy it for very good prices on Amazon.
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Thanks for input!!! :smile:
  • siblita
    Options

Would you mind posting the full recipe?

I use 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (4 net carbs per serving), 1/2 cup coconut oil, 4 tbsp kerrygold salted butter, (I melt them separately and then mix together) then add 4 tbsp unsweetened Hersheys cocoa, and 17 drops of EZ Sweetz (liquid splenda).

I then spoon them into 24 MINI cupcake liners that are set on a pan, pop it all in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, pull off the papers and put them in a bowl for storage in the freezer or fridge. (you can do either, but I prefer freezer.)

I put this recipe into MFP and it comes out to 92cal, 2g carbs (1g fiber) so 1g net carb, 9g fat and 1g protein.

You can vary the sweetener - I like them sweet!
  • siblita
    Options
    I get my liquid splenda through Amazon. The brand I use is EZ Sweetz.

I have seen a different brand of liquid splenda at Walmart lately though.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I've made my own before - I use them for when I need to get more calories in me that aren't carbs, and don't need refrigeration so I can keep it on hand. I do it more during rugby season, for when I need more calories, like I said. I based it on an old homemade protein bar recipe, but of course left out the oats. And I don't make balls, I just mix in a container and eat with a spoon!

My recipe varies, but here are typical ingredients:
    -almond butter (pb would work too, I just avoid legumes)
    -coconut oil or regular butter, but I have some coconut butter now that I want to try!
    -protein powder, if you want
    -add ins: chopped nuts, shredded unsweetened coconut, cinnamon, vanilla extract.
    -bits of fruit, if you want.

So my base recipe is some form of nut butter + other butter/oil in equal proportions, then add the other stuff depending on what I have, and what I want to try.

Ooh! I've also mixed cream cheese with the nut butter, and it was pretty good - I just had to keep it cold.

I've also added ground flax seed.

You can add sweetener if you want, I'm fine without it.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hummingbird82
    Hummingbird82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Saw this post the other day and just had to try my own version so here it is....came out sooooo good... very similar to a reeses peanut butter cup...so I will defiently be making these again!
    http://i-will-carb-a-diem.blogspot.com/