anyone have suggestions?

Options
I'm confused and need some suggestiosn. I was doing Jillian's body rev up until 2 weeks ago when I started wkout 9. I just couldn't go beyond 10 min..it felt too tough. I also had some guests so i stopped working out. Now it's been 2 weeks since I've done any exercise. I want to start again. Should I continue with wkout 9? I just don't feel I'm ready for it? Should I repeat phase 2?
Also If anyone can help with this. Evertime I stop working out for a few days..is when my weight drops. The scale doesn't move as fast while working out? I eat 1200cal/day and 9 glasses of water.

Replies

• gatorgirly413
    gatorgirly413 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am only on Week 2, so I can't comment on that, but I did read that as your body adapts to new exercise programs, the number on the scale may stay the same or even go up because of excess fluid surrounding sore muscles and joints, usually for the first week or so. I guess with JMBR, your body never really adapts because once it does, you move onto a new phase. I wish I recalled where I read this, but it makes sense.

What about the way your clothes fit? That is always a better way to tell. I measure weekly so that's how I'm basing my progress.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 11 myself. If you're having a hard time with 9 then you might want to repeat Weeks 7 & 8. My advice for when you feel like you can't go on during one of the workouts is to pause the dvd for a minute or two just get your breath back, take a sip of water and just breath. Press play and hit pause again when you need a little mini break. It's only 30 minutes you can do these workouts, take the breaks when you need them. I've noticed that Weeks 9-13 require a little more mental toughness then the earlier weeks. If you tell yourself that you can't do something then you won't be able to do it. But if you take your time and keep working at it you'll be surprised by what you can accomplish.
  • lookgreatfast
    lookgreatfast Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone...I like the idea of taking a break but finishing it.
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Do another week of the weeks 7&8 DVDs. That way you can get back into the swing of things after having been away from it. I did the same when I had to take a week and a half away from BR because I tweaked my right knee. Currently working on week 8.... not easy, but the results are worth it.