2013 Goals?

Options
FH36251
FH36251 Posts: 44 Member
So, in the studio we're setting up a "Goal Wall". Pictures of what you want to achieve this year. I've not finalised mine yet - most of my goals are silks/ hoop related, but I guess for Pole I want to really progress my Iron X and Extreme Gemini.

Flex wise, I want to get my full back bend solid, and get my front splits back after the hamstring-incident. I'd also love to get Box splits this year.

Finally, i'm aiming to not foop up my hamstring again (must stretch before doing anything silly - Keem on Pole and Oona splits on Hoop caused hamstring rippage whech sent me back a fair way!)

So what are your pole-goals for this year?

:)

Replies

• lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think for me it's getting my grips down, liek the elbow grip and the caterpillar climb.

I'd also like to strength up my wrist so I can do a flag without feeling like the bone is about to snap! :sad:

Ultimate goal: I'd LOVE to be able to do ayesha, but I doubt that'll take me as little as a year to do! :grumble:
  • FH36251
    Options
    I think for me it's getting my grips down, liek the elbow grip and the caterpillar climb.

I'd also like to strength up my wrist so I can do a flag without feeling like the bone is about to snap! :sad:

Ultimate goal: I'd LOVE to be able to do ayesha, but I doubt that'll take me as little as a year to do! :grumble:
    If you can elbow and caterpillar, I'd wager you can Ayesha!! What are you traning it from? I know a lot of people start from D, but I had way more success from a twisty handspring - although if you have a bad wrist this may hurt a helluva lot. Elbow Ayesha (from caterpillar*) should be your best mate in that case! :D

Good Luck - keep me posted!!!

*guilty secret time - I cannot caterpillar climb. I just cannot. I shall add this to my list for this year!!!
  • lori_en
    Options

If you can elbow and caterpillar, I'd wager you can Ayesha!! What are you traning it from? I know a lot of people start from D, but I had way more success from a twisty handspring - although if you have a bad wrist this may hurt a helluva lot. Elbow Ayesha (from caterpillar*) should be your best mate in that case! :D

Good Luck - keep me posted!!!

*guilty secret time - I cannot caterpillar climb. I just cannot. I shall add this to my list for this year!!!

Well I can't do those grips yet lol, those are my pole goals for the year! :tongue:

My caterpillar climb isn't complete; I can lift myself up so my knees are bent and my bum is in the air, but I cannot for the life of me slide my legs up the pole to complete the climb, I just don't have the strength yet! :cry:
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options

Well I can't do those grips yet lol, those are my pole goals for the year! :tongue:

My caterpillar climb isn't complete; I can lift myself up so my knees are bent and my bum is in the air, but I cannot for the life of me slide my legs up the pole to complete the climb, I just don't have the strength yet! :cry:

While you're learning the caterpillar climb, try sliding one leg, then the other, as a simpler variation. Should be easier but build up strength for both at once.

Also recommended - my pole teacher introduced me to super invert before caterpillar climb to get the pain threshold built up in the elbow grip, and to build strength in the arms for the climb. Then it was caterpillar climb, then it was elbow grip aysha.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    For my 2013 goals, I want my split grip aysha back, and comfortably without requiring grip aid. If I'm lucky I'll get the handspring but my attitude to pole at the moment is so incredibly pessimistic that I'm not sure I'll get that far. (See?)
  • stants85
    stants85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My Goal for 2013 is to be able to do the extended butterfly. Only been doing pole for 4 months so not sure if this is a little far fetched but im going to try and work at it and by the end of 2013 i will holpfully be able to say i nailed it :happy:
  • IronKitty
    IronKitty Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    INVERT!!! Been doing this for a year now and god dammit I want to invert!!! Also get my splits down and learn a drop or two!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    MY goal is to get into a competition - nothing big but hopefully one of the studios will do a competition and I am going to enter and try my hardest including planning a routine!
  • FH36251
    Options
    MY goal is to get into a competition - nothing big but hopefully one of the studios will do a competition and I am going to enter and try my hardest including planning a routine!
    Are you UK based? What about the UKAPP (do a google search); there are 3 different ability categories, and regional heats/ video entries! It's purely for amateurs, and a fantastic, awesome expereince!!

I've had to withdraw from competing this year, as I'm now classed as an instructor (*sob*) so am limited in my comp choice. Will still be shaking my *kitten*/ falling out of my Hoop/ from my Silks at showcases though :D
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Are you UK based? What about the UKAPP (do a google search); there are 3 different ability categories, and regional heats/ video entries! It's purely for amateurs, and a fantastic, awesome expereince!!

I've had to withdraw from competing this year, as I'm now classed as an instructor (*sob*) so am limited in my comp choice. Will still be shaking my *kitten*/ falling out of my Hoop/ from my Silks at showcases though :D

thanks i'll look in to it !
  • lori_en
    Options

While you're learning the caterpillar climb, try sliding one leg, then the other, as a simpler variation. Should be easier but build up strength for both at once.

Also recommended - my pole teacher introduced me to super invert before caterpillar climb to get the pain threshold built up in the elbow grip, and to build strength in the arms for the climb. Then it was caterpillar climb, then it was elbow grip aysha.

Have to ask you, what is the super invert? Can't say I've heard of it?
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've only every taken a few classes. I don't own a pole.
    I'd love to own a pole, and get strong enough to actually do anything. I'm very weak in the back and upper body.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This sounds very small compared to everyone else's goals, but I want to muster up the courage to take a class by myself. I have always loved watching pole dancing competitively and at clubs and have always wanted to get myself out there and really learn more about it personally!!
  • FH36251
    Options
    So, in the studio we're setting up a "Goal Wall". Pictures of what you want to achieve this year. I've not finalised mine yet - most of my goals are silks/ hoop related, but I guess for Pole I want to really progress my Iron X and Extreme Gemini.

Flex wise, I want to get my full back bend solid, and get my front splits back after the hamstring-incident. I'd also love to get Box splits this year.

Finally, i'm aiming to not foop up my hamstring again (must stretch before doing anything silly - Keem on Pole and Oona splits on Hoop caused hamstring rippage whech sent me back a fair way!)

So what are your pole-goals for this year?

:)

Update from here:
    Nearly did something silly to my hamstring last night (on Hoop) - Fail
    Back bend - working on this (not as much as I should be) - this will help with extreme gemini
    Splits - not much work on these ATM due to continuing hamstring drama :/

Added to the list:
    - Be able to boss out all intermediate level moves - so strengthen my Cupid, Dove, Duchess and Chopper
    - Sholder roll/ Walk/ Bounce
    - Handstand properly, like a grown up. Without flailing legs...!