DAY 23: Post your activities here

Options
DAY 23 -- how is everyone feeling??? Great I hope :)

I just want to share with you what I got from Spartan Race daily email today. Working out is great but proper stretching is as important as the main workout itself.

Spartan Race Work Out of the Day - 1.28.13

Limber up! Take 20-30 minutes today to break into a stretching routine. Stick to your tried and true routine or try something new, just focus on relaxing into deep stretches. Try and make sure you address your whole body from ankles to neck.

And give your mind a break too! Basketball, swimming, volleyball and other team sports are great activities introduce into your fitness, particularly if you have been feeling burned out or over-trained.

Have fun today -- we are almost done with the first month!

Replies

• melaniejo527
    melaniejo527 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I walked for 34 minutes this morning and went to Zumba for 65 minutes tonight!! Feeling great, snuggling in for the night and hoping this bad weather stays away from us.
  • MerRock
    MerRock Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I ran for 40 minutes and took a walk tonight for 30 minutes. :)
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    53 minutes logged in! 6 minutes if stretching exercises, 17 minutes of yoga and 30 minutes of Nike Training Club :-)

Now what's for dinner? Lol!
  • Cherrylicious_Curves
    Options
    No workout today :( but will go at it tomorrow. Good night pals..
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo proud of myself !!!

I somehow hurt my knee the other night.. Didn't work out last night and was feeling guilty..
    Looking thru the Low Fat cookbook tonight I decided to make meringue cookies..
    Then after cooling them it was suddenly 9:30 pm ..
    I was again feeling guilty for not getting in my Sweaty 30 in , but my knee is still pretty sore..
    I just decided .. Who cares how late it is .. I'm changing .. Putting on my iPod and working out my upper body/ stomach area..
    I did 32 mins .. Got a good sweat going and then did a cool down / stretch ..
    My app said 211cals burned .. I bet my ab area will kill me tomorrow but it is totally worth it !!

I am sooooo happy with myself !!! And it's cuz of this amazing group that I hold myself accountable !!!
    I don't even REALLY know you guys ..
    But I luv ya !!!!!
    :love:
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Apart from some heavy work this morning, I have done 100 dumbell curls and 50 modified pushups so far. Would like to fit in some more if I do I will add it to this.
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred for 27 minutes and walk 1 mile for 18 minutes yesterday but couldn't get online to post.