New to Group

Options
Hello everyone. I am new to this site...............my first day. I was happy to find this group and how active it is. I am a T2 diabetic with 250 pounds to lose. At my last doctors appt he told me to consider wls. I go back in February and we will be discussing it further. I don't want the surgery, because I am terrified of it. I will do it if it means saving my life. I am learning as much as I can now in preparation. Thank you for starting this group.

Replies

• 130down
    130down Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi - I suggest you really do your research because you need to feel good about your decision. I am 1 1/2 years post op (RNY) and I would do it again in second. Before surgery I weighed 300 lb, I had diabeties, high blood pressure and sleep apnea. I stopped taking all ov my meds (diabetes day after surgery - blood pressure 2 months after). I hit my goal weight 0f 175 last July and I have been able to maintain +/- 5 lbs. I also stopped using my CPAP machine when I lost 100 lbs.

The surgery is not a magic solution, it's just a tool to help you along the way. I still have to really watch my portions and log my food. I also work out 3-4 times a week.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Auggie is gone. I don't think he waited an hour after posting his question. Good luck Auggie.
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what to do but for me it was the best decision I ever made. It literally saved my life and I don't regret any of it.