Pregnant and still want to lose weight

Options
jwall956
jwall956 Posts: 35 Member
hey! im part of this group and found out im having a baby! yay! i still want to participate with this group but need help in the calories and such needed to keep baby happy but lose weight at the same time.

Looking forward to your posts!

Replies

• demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I lost weight while pregnant. But, it was under doctor supervision and I was very overweight. Your irst concern has to be the baby and you need edequate nutrition for its health and yours. I suggest seeing a dietician or doctor and have them set your daily calories and advise what to eat. For optimum health. Be gently active, I walked a lot, to become fitter and stronger.

Mainly, enjoy your pregnancy and don't use it as an excuse to go nuts. Healthy food is key
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've never been pregnant before but have read about lots of studies where pregnant women can lose weight safely; I'm sure you can too :smile: Definitely get your doctor to let you work with a nutritionist though to ensure you get enough nutrients for you and the baby!
  • jwall956
    jwall956 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise! I am going to start walking soon. The first few weeks really knocked me on my butt for tiredness. I'm getting better. Yesterday was the first day I was on my feet all morning and didnt feel like I was going to fall over. Been trying to stay away from burgers and such, gotta do better! Going to start logging in everyday now!
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    First off CONGRATULATIONS:flowerforyou:

I'm glad to hear your feeling better. I agree with the others weight loss while pregnant is doable just make sure it's with your doctors supervision. It certainly sounds like your starting out right- walking and eating healthy, keep up the good work!!:bigsmile: