Do carbs count?

Options
danicarenee
danicarenee Posts: 11 Member
Hello everyone, I did attack phase fo 5 days, and now am starting week2 in cruise phase. Just had a few questions regarding carb counting as I don not own the book. I have still have been logging everything I eat and keeping calorie intake around 1200 with cardio 3x a week on elliptical as well as lifting weights. My question is is their a certain # of carbs to be under in this diet? Also what are your thoughts on fat free pudding during cruise phase. I make it half with water and half with skim milk. I divide this into 2 portions. I am an ice cream fanatic and need a treat. I only have about 5 pounds to lose and am already concidered to be at a healthy weight, I would just like to lean out and I figured since I was doing high protein anyway than maybe build some muscle, as my doc told me to take a break from exercising and gain 10 pounds to see if this would help with a medical situation. Now I am in the clear with the docs and have begun my weightloss journey to lose part of the weight gained. Thanx for any input you have. Oh ya and one more thing, I have not lost any weight in 4 days. What gives?:smooched:

Replies

• hulahup
    Options
    Hello Danica!
    Let me see, if I understand you. You just want to lose 10 pound with this diet. You´ve already lost 5 (I guess, it was during the Attack phase. Now you´re on cruise and with five to go.
    I´m doing the diet also and finisch today my Attack-Days. In Pierre Dukans Book says, that you shouldnt eat any carbs during the cruise phase. You must alternate: Proteinday - Protein + Vegetables. If you dont have so much Weight to lose, then try in the week: one protein day - two protein with vegetable - one protein day - two protein with vegetables. My self, I will try only protein with vegetables, because I really don´t like it so strenght. But Carbs are not allowed, not till Phase 3. The only you kann ist oatrye (too spoons per day on cruise Phase).
    Its possible, that your Weight stays and go no longer down. In the book it says, you should kick your metabolism:
    Do just one day just Protein again
    Do everyday one hour Walking for four days.
    Are you trinking enough Water?
    Are you eating with too much salt?
    Are you having your period soon?
    And... stop messing your weigth everyday! Now you schould go down slower. If you just have a few pounds to lose, then ist normal that your body ist rebelling!
    Carbs are not allowed, but skinny milk and others yes, your body needs to eat. Don´t stop eatig and don´t count calories. Just eat the Aliments, that are allowed. The pudding was a pretty good idea: eat just a small portion (200 gr) and do it full skynni milk. But you should know: Pudding has Carbs on the... Flour? Not, is now flour but you know what I mean! Try just vegetables, so much as you like (but not potatos!) and eat with Meat, Chicken, Fish. I do sauces with yougurth, "Quark", and cottage cheese.
    Ok... Wow! That was hard for me to write! I don´t speak other write in englisch for a looooong time.
    As you see... I´m fare away! :)

I wish you luck with your goals, take care and please, watch out, that you not lose too much weight. It´s not healthy. If you are in a healthy BMI (I know, I prefer also the lower numbers) you shoul go in Phase 3 and keep it going 10 days pro Kilo (also 2 pounds) that you lose. If you don´t do this, the pounds will grow again: Jo - Jo effekt. But in Phase 3 you cant eat fruit and bread and more. Just like a normal low callory diet.

Bye! Please tell how it goes!

Hulahup
  • dimarston
    dimarston Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When you mix the Dukan diet and Myfitnesspal logging it can get a little complicated. I chose to log even though I followed the Dukan plan for whatever I ate. You will find that you do end up with carbs listed in your macros, even though you are not eating anything that prohibited on the diet. Dairy products all have carbs even when they're fat free. Your oat bran has carbs. Even the allowed veggies can have some carbs. The other thing that happened with me was that I was almost always under 1200 calories. Its hard to eat more than that when your only eating protein and veggies. Even though some people have an issue with this, it didn't cause me anyproblems. I never stopped loosing, never went into "starvation mode", and didn't loose muscle.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Concur with dimarston.. except I made sure I ate more than 1200 calories a day with another calorie counter ap. I don't worry about net calories as long as I eat my minimum and eat on the Dukan Plan. You get all the carbs you want in Stabilization (phase 4) .. although I don't want any of the bread, rice pasta or potatos anymore. I am on Year two of dukan, down 46 pounds!