Ugh

Options
1) Current Average Cal Intake: I was using 1200 as it was the default and I was not eating back calories burned so I was netting around 600-1000 calories after exercise calories were subtracted; I have now switched to a 1500 goal and trying to slowly up my claories to reach a net of 1500 after exercise...currently this week I am 7603 net calories under my weekly goal but I've only tracked 4 days so far...

2) What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? P-349 C-407 F-191 (only from week of Jan. 21 started tracking again on Jan. 21)

3) Do you use a food scale and measure everything? Yes

4) Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?) Starting to...

5) Do you take cheat days or days off? No cheat days yet...

6) How much weight have you lost so far? I did herbal magic went from 217 to 170 in a yr and lost more on my own...total so far 77 pounds (30 pounds on my own)

7) What is your activity like, both exercise and non-exercise? (big difference between a construction worker and a desk job) and did you change that activity withing the last couple of months. If so, what changed. Desk job but very active at the gym going 5 days a week for 2 hours (doing cardio and weigh lifting classes).

8) How long have you eaten at your previous amount and what happened in that time frame? I just started to increase calories this week...I think I'm still stuck on the Herbal Magic plan for food intake so over a year I was probably eating less than 1200 calories and still burning 600-1000 cal at the gym :/

9) What's your height, current weight and if you know it, bodyfat%?
Height: 5'5
Current Weight: 140
BF: about 12%

10) If you're stalled, for how long and is it a complete stall (zero change in weight)? About a month.

Also, please ensure that you have your diary open. Diary is open.

I am actually only trying to lose another 5-10 pounds to get between 130-135 so I am trying to eat more in order to do that. I have figured out all calculations but if I forgot one please let me know...lol.

BMR: 1425
TDEE: 2450
At 10%, 2450-2450 = 2000 - 500 to lose a pound/wk. but I'm still 'netting' less than 1000 calories. I just started upping the calories eaten this week and I know that I will have a gain bc I am eating more but maintaining the current very active activity level.

I know that I am currently not eating enough and I should include a cheat day but if anyone has any suggestions other than to eat more I'd love to hear them....I know I won't know if this new 1500 goal works for me right away but I am hoping to see the scale start moving again in a few weeks.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    We will respond shortly to your questions.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in responding.

Where are you getting your BF% from?

Is there something specific that you are training for that you are exercising so much?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in responding.

Where are you getting your BF% from?

Is there something specific that you are training for that you are exercising so much?

Agreed, 12% would make you ripped! And very little women can actually get that low or the at least have the dedication to get that low and sustain it for long periods of time.
  • SkinnyCapricorn82
    Options
    I asked my trainer what she thought my BF% was...but if 12% means ripped then no I probably don't have 12% :/ lol. Working out for me is my escape and me time for the most part...so no real reason for going so hard other but the fear is that if I stop working out then I'll get fat....again. Gives me something to focus on besides work as I am single and have no children. I just want to tone up and get more fit really and lose a few more pounds but the pounds are being stubborn so here I am...lol.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    How long have you been eating significantly under 1,200 and exercising as much as you are?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    female-body-fat-percentage-pictures.jpg

For reference. 12% is quite ripped for a female. If you don't think you're even close to this, your trainer is very confused.
  • SkinnyCapricorn82
    Options
    Sara, I have probably been eating under 1200 and working out hard for a long time....probably well over a year or 2 without realizing it and sometimes I would even forget to eat. I have the same fear as most people that I'll get fat again...and since it sucked being fat the first time around I don't really wanna go for round 2...lol. I know I've done damage...my body tells me that all the time and eating more this week I feel wayyyy better.

Side Steel - To be honest we were talking a whole bunch of numbers that day...not sure what the 12% was for...lol.

I'm just gonna loosen up and let my body does what it does I guess...lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    In your case, I have a few suggestions:

- cut back on the cardio to 30 minutes a session
    - do a full body strength training routine 3 x a week
    - increase your calories by 100 -150 a week until you get to 1,700 and sit there for four weeks when you do get there (this is based on only about 2 hours of cardio a week plus 3 hours strength training)
    - set your macros at:
    Protein: 110g = 25%
    Fats: 49g = 25%
    Balance - where you wish based on personal preference
    - log everything
    - based on your history of under eating and your fear of getting fat I would highly recommend seeking professional help if you have any issues at all, either physically or mentally, increasing your calories.

As you up calories, you may well experience some weight gain - it will be water weight and will level off so don't panic if it happens.

After 4 weeks at 1,700, or earlier if you have any questions, get back to us so we can reassess.
  • SkinnyCapricorn82
    Options
    Sara - Thank you for your suggestions and I have already started upping calories to about 1500 this past week and I'll continue to add until I can hit 1700. I already experienced a gain when I started hitting close to 1500 and that is starting to go away already so that's not an issue...lol. As for the mental block that's being worked on already as well and will adjust those macros...but I can say that my body is very happy with me eating more and I am in a way better mood these days. So dial down the cardio, keep strength training and keep eating and logging...sounds like a plan :)