Team Dolvett- Week 4 Challenge

Options
jomom2
jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
Hi team! Unbelievable that we are in week 4! I am so happy with this team! For this weeks challenge I was thinking of being accountable of both nutrition and exercise. Our goal is to change our eating/exercise habits. It is not a short term change, it is a lifestyle change. So here goes this weeks challenge....

Let's share a healthy habit that you are utilizing now, that is helping you achieve your goals!

EXERCISE challenge is jumping jacks and squats! Post everyday, how many jumping jacks and squats you do!

Before I forget, we are doing a WEEKEND CHALLENGE as a whole group! If you would like to participate, 6mimi was kind enough to post a sign in sheet! Sign up, it should be fun! You have till Thursday to sign up!

Have an AWESOME week!

Replies

• dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    One healthy habit that I have been usinig is getting in my 8 glasses of water each day. This helps a great deal.

I faltered on my last challenge, so this time I will be good on my word. Effective today, I will do 50 jumping jacks and 50 squats each day.

I already signed up for the weekend challenge. It sounds like fun.

Have a great week 4 TEAM DOLVETT :smile:
  • mtnchick3355
    Options
    Make sure you chart your food - it makes you more accountable and makes you think twice before putting that extra bite of sweets in your mouth.
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am making sure that I exercise at least 30 min a day and drinking 8 glasses of water a day.

I plan to do 25 squats and 25 jumping jacks a day this week and I have signed up for the team challenge.
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Water Water Water!

Goal - 25 squats and 25 jumping jacks daily!!

Also, getting back on to my C25K Plan. (3 times this week)
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Increase my water, some days I suck at remembering to drink enough!

Modified jumping jacks..my knee is not up to high impact. 50 and 50 squats per day..

Wednesday 8 glasses water and 50/50 done!
  • turne1
    turne1 Posts: 14
    Options
    I try to drink my weight in ounces of water everyday. (100lbs would be 100ounces)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    It's ok to take a break from eating healthy every meal. The best advice - have one (or two) cheat meal(s) a week so you don't feel like you are completely being deprived. I find when I cut everything out I fall off the wagon vs just adding a bit of a treat every now and then.

Water is huge. I buy 2 gallons of water a week to keep at my desk at work. I refill my water bottle when it is empty so I never worry about my water intake.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Completed 50 jumping jacks and squats on Wednesday.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks and squats done (25 each)
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    1/31: 50 Jumping Jacks 50 Squats
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey it's lookin like everyone like the number 50.....

it was 50 jumping jacks and 50 swates for me too

4526527.png[/url]
  • Mrs_Fit
    Mrs_Fit Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to do my 25 squats and 25 jumping jacks yesterday. I was in the ER with my son but I made up for it today. I have done 50 squats and 50 jumping jacks. I also want to increase my amount to 50 each. I think 25 for me is too little. Have a great weekend guys. Go Ravens!!!
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I seen this post Tuesday, but I have just been super busy these last couple of weeks!

A healthy change I try to maintain is exercising for at least 30 minutes a day and strength training at least twice a week. I need to get better at drinking my water, but it gets so boring!!

My daily goal (and I've kept to it so far!) is 100 jumping jacks and 35 squats. I know weird numbers, but I hate squats and don't mind jumping jacks haha.

I've yet to complete my j.j and squats today, but I have a feeling I am going to need a lot more cardio- a friend of mine and myself are going for Chinese tonight, yikes! I guess i'll go for chicken and anything steamed right? Even though I love the fried rice, mu shu pork and Mandarin pancakes!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to do my 25 squats and 25 jumping jacks yesterday. I was in the ER with my son but I made up for it today. I have done 50 squats and 50 jumping jacks. I also want to increase my amount to 50 each. I think 25 for me is too little. Have a great weekend guys. Go Ravens!!!

Great job!!
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I did 25 jumping jacks and 30 squats today.
  • eab12191
    eab12191 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    100 jumping jacks and 50 squats
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    busy week with mid-terms and house hunting..

wed/thurs/fri/sat - 50/50 jumping jacks and squats each day.
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    forgot to post yesterday

50 jumping jacks and 50 squats Friday and Sat

4526527.png[/url]