Pretty Cool

Options
mbastuk
mbastuk Posts: 34 Member
I've been posting questions on the Lean Body Challenge Facebook page and I got a call tonight from Mike Klamut who won the Challenge in 2011 (http://www.labrada.com/leanbodychallenge/pastwinner-lbcwinner_2011). Pretty cool to talk to someone who has been through this and won it...gave some great practical tips and it was encouraging that you don't have to live in a gym to look good!

Replies

• LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    he CALLED you?! That is cool. Did he follow the 12 week program to the letter? What did he pass on to you that you're willing to share with us?
  • mbastuk
    Options
    Yes, he followed it to a "T" but one thing you will learn is that Labrada 's plan has two "versions"....The mainstream plan that you see on the website and challenge page is less aggressive - you still eat breads, have cheat meals, less calorie count focused, etc. Still a good plan and how I originally found out about Labrada...

Then there is the "aggressive" plan that he lays out in a book called "Get Lean" - it tends to be targeted towards bodybuilders and getting ready for shows...it is more aggressive in terms of eliminating fruit, dairy, breads, lunch meats, etc and also has a tighter calorie count. The first time I read it, I was surprised at how detailed it was (I just re-read it) - pretty prescriptive. This more aggressive plan is what Mike followed to win.

I personally fall in the middle of how I'm approaching things...When I did the challenge in 2011, i stil ate whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, lots of lunch meat, etc. and lost 25 lbs. Did I look as ripped as the winners? NO but I also didn't do much strength training. This time I am eating "cleaner" and trying to eat less processed food and minimize bread. My wife and I were trying to do this anyways beyond the challenge as we eat way too much processed stuff.

I also have a practical challenge of travelling every week so it's difficult to get real prescriptive on where I eat.

Long answer but hope that helps....an encouraging point was that he was only spending 30-45/min doing strength training - I envisioned having the winners basically living in the gym...

I'm sure there are other things that I will remember and post here later
  • mbastuk
    Options
    A few other things I remembered....

+ Take pictures every week or so - it's hard to see the progress when you look in the mirror every day...I did this back in 2011 and took pics about 1/2 way through the challenge

+ JUST DO SOMETHING...if you cant access a gym, do pushups...lift your kid..etc...

+ Find something that is workable for your lifestyle - for some that may mean creating a home gym vs going to gym, etc