Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

i am new to MFP and new to the lapband group

Patti2Good
Patti2Good Posts: 14 Member
Hi my name is Patti Johnson and i am new to all of this and i am excited and scared all at once!!! i am so
ready to change my life style and eating habits and to get healthy but i have try and dieted so many time
in my life and have failed , and got so depressed and ending up gaining it all and more of the little
weight i did loss back , so yeah i am so scared to even talk of this change i am going start in life for fear
it will make or cause me yet another failure!! so i think if i don't speak of this i wont give people the
chance to say oh no here she goes again ........she is just gonna fail as always but i have decided i am not
gonna give in to this fear so i am here to say i need your support on here but please don't
give up on me because I WILL DO THIS !!!:) God is my co/pilot he will be right by my side as will all of you
i am told so how can i loss sooooo with all that off my chest i want you to know i have already be to DR.
Hugert and i have been to my diabetes educ.and i have had my Barium Swallow ..yuckie....and also my
exercise and nutrition consult. so i have one more Nutrition consult on the 10 of Jan. and a appt. with
my reg. Dr. on the 10 of Jan. THEN ON THE 18 OF JAN.@ 10:A.M. I SHOULD GET A APPT. FOR MY LAP
BAND SURGERY..... so till then i am watchin what i eat and trying to loss weight and going to the gym
so i guess i have rambled on enough nice meeting ya'll and any help or suggestion as to what to expect bring it i have been reading a lot about the surgery it is just all so much to consume at one time well please add me as a friend i will be posting my journey along the way i never take pictures but i did on Christmas so i would have one to post on here to begin with and took me weeks to get it up but i did it .lol well i have rambled enough nice meeting all of ya :smile: :heart:

Replies

• Hey, did you get a date for your lapband? I was just scrolling through some posts and I read yours about getting your date. I have the band too.
  • Dear Patti:
    Well today is the 19th so you are on your way to a new life. My name is Tammy and I had my lap band done the 26th of Nov
    and I have lost 23lbs so far. I had the green band. The recovery was not bad at all> What is nice is that you are not hungry
    I have a hard time to eat enough most days I eat only about 800 or 900 calories and I walk about 2 to 3 mile a day. I only needed
    to loss about 50 lbs to start so that made it easyer. But you are going to be so happy that you have done this. And I know you will
    make it this time. I am alway here if you need to talk to someone.
    Your new friend Tammy
  • NeewMee
    NeewMee Posts: 26 Member
    Congrats on starting your journey! Looking forward to updates and following you on your way. I know how you feel about being excited and scared all at once. I was banded on Dec.13th so I'm pretty new to all of this too but have found some amazing & helpful people in this group. For me, it has been an amazing journey so far and I am sure it will be for you too!! :bigsmile:
  • Multifacet
    Multifacet Posts: 66 Member
    Welcome to the group of banders!! I was banded in November and doing very well. Keep us posted and add me to your friend's list!
  • Patti2Good
    has anyone tried the muscle milk light from the GMC store i am looking for a good protein shake and there is so many out there i am so lost! any suggestions please !!! oh and my lap band surgery is set for the 19 of Feb. i wish i was on my way but i am plugin along. so excited and scared all at once but i am so happy i have lost around 10 pounds on my own so far took my 2 months but i wont give up i am gonna do this and i also want to add you all are so wonderful on here you support is so uplifting to me.
  • Patti2Good
    nope not got my surgery yet but i wish, i am so ready for this life change i have been doing this all on my own sense Dec.. and i have lost around 9 or 10 lbs and that is very good for me i have so much health issue's and i take so many pills sum of which makes me gain weight. but i am determined to do this i have to my health is getting so bad and must of it is because of my weight so i get ride of the weight and i get ride of the sickness. simple right !!!!!!!! NOT !!!! but i can do this AND I WILL ! my husband had gastric bypass over 10 years ago and he lost of 200 pounds. and has keep it off. and i was the one that help him and was this support so now he is my cheering team and you wonderful people on here . so thanks for the support and also i don't do a lot of talking on here but i love the support but i am trying to chime in more i am a lil shy i don't have a lot of friends and am a bit of a loner. but never think i don't appreciate all of you on here you are all wonderful people i wish i was as easy to make friends in person as it is in line........lol
  • bel738
    bel738 Posts: 29 Member
    i love the muscle milk light chocolate also take a gnc one in black container...i think its gold standard its like 20 dollars and the chocolate is real good also
  • Patti2Good
    well i had a 8 day run in the hospital and ended up on blood thinner and the doctor wants me to wait till i am off of it to have my lap-band so i guess it is pushed back 3 mouths that is how long he says i should have to be on it to get the blood clot gone so i am praying but i got to say i am feeling like a million bucks and slowly losing pounds as i go 13 or so, so far so i can do this i have been over weight for ever so just a few more mouths is nothing as long as i have my health so i guess i will be posting a new surgery date later this year as long as my health stays good and this dang ole blood clot gets gone.lol