Who else just started the program this week?

Options
2»

Replies

• lindseyrh
    Options
    I just ordered NROL4W and NROL4Abs today! I am anxious for them to get here! I will read over the weekend and plan on starting Monday afternoon.

How do you ladies feel about cardio on your off-days? I started spinning in November and have fallen in love with it. Do you think it is unrealistic to spin on my days off (Tues/Thurs or Tues/Sat)?
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm starting next week and I'm so PUMPED!!!! Everyone add me!!! haa!
  • slammy1079
    Options
    I just ordered NROL4W and NROL4Abs today! I am anxious for them to get here! I will read over the weekend and plan on starting Monday afternoon.

How do you ladies feel about cardio on your off-days? I started spinning in November and have fallen in love with it. Do you think it is unrealistic to spin on my days off (Tues/Thurs or Tues/Sat)?

I don't have a choice - I play roller derby so my "off" days are practice. I just have to be careful and listen to my body and take rest days when I feel I need them. And make sure you're eating enough, too! :)
  • Hi!! I'm starting it this afternoon :), but I'm not sure I've understood the meal plan. I've already done the maths and i know how many calories I should be eating on both workout and nonworkout days. The problem is that I didn't understand the percentages of each macronutrients I should be eating, like what % of the total amount comes from protein, what % from fats and from carbohydrates. Could you please help me out? Thank you :)!! And good luck to all of you with the program ladies.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey, Everyone! I am on week 3, so I am fairly new to the program myself. I would love to have some friends to discuss form, weight, diet, or to just complain about butt soreness. (I upped my weights on squats this passed Sat, and boy is my butt feeling it...lol)
  • grangerkelly
    Options
    I just ordered this book, will be here on Wednesday, so I'll be starting on Thursday or Friday. I just started training with a trainer, but I'm hoping to start lifting more (I was a cardio queen and lost 40ish lbs, now I want to get FIT!) and I'm hoping this program will help. I have cerebral palsy that effects my legs and balance/stability, so I'm not sure how it will go, but I'm going to try to adapt it as much as I can! I've read that weight training is a great way to manage CP, so I'm gonna work on training away my palsy :)
  • blacknivory
    blacknivory Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've done 2 weeks and just having a week off this week while I'm travelling so you can count me in as a friend.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Did my first NROLFW workout yesterday. Feeling good! Can't wait to see results, and to be able to do more than 15 push-ups :tongue:
  • aprilrsims
    Options
    I just started last week. Tonight is workout B2. So far I love it. It's been weird adjusting to such a short workout, but liberating, too, I still walk a few miles on my 'off days', but I've cut way back on my cardio. Right now I work out at home with DBs. I'll definitely need heavier weights soon. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I started last night. I was really disappointed with my first night because I did some exercises wrong (single leg squats, too many jack knives) and not enough resistance (rows). Oh well, there's always Friday and I made notes so I can up the resistance, maybe try a traditional squat until I have to move to single leg when I need more weight than I have.

But I have to get use to many more off days, I just completed Insanity so I'm use to workout out 6 days a week.

Feel free to add me if you need more NROLW friends.
  • amswanson3
    amswanson3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started this Monday as well. Definitely feeling it.
  • NurseMal09
    NurseMal09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I just started this program and did my first workout yesterday! I really enjoyed the workout and felt like it got my heart pumping too, I was definetly sweating by the end. Hoping to figure out the nutrition side of it, seems weird after trying to minimize and cut calories for so long to actually increase but makes sense for buliding muscle.

Please feel free to add me!
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just did my first workout yesterday too! (7th Feb)
    Feeling it in my lower back and abs mostly and a small amount in my legs.

I have had a hip reconstruction and can tell when doing squats the difference in strength from my left hip (the operated side) to my right. I seem to be able to push much easier with my right and can feel the slant. My boyfriend filmed me so I could see properly what my form looks like too. I dropped the weights to 20lbs on the barbell and will probably keep it that weight until I can feel my form has improved.

The prone jackknives are awesome! Quite difficult to keep on the ball without falling off! Even my boyfriend wanted to try that move and fell off too! ha ha!

With the cable rows, we haven't figured out how to attatch the cable to our machine yet (its very old and fiddly) so I'm using the barbell bent over row alternative. I think that's probably where the majority of the doms in my lower back are from.

I thought I would be able to do the push ups quite easily but once I tried I noticed how weak my arms are so I'm doing an easier version for now. :D

As for the step ups, the only step I can find in my house is an actual step on the stairs and it's not very tall and I feel like climbing two steps would be a little dangerous because of the distance I would have to move to get to it. Does anyone else have any tips on things they have made a step from around the home?

As for the nutrition I kind of eat very similar stuff to what's in the book already. The main differences are things like I don't use lettuce but replace that with spinach. (That's better for us right?) I hate white onion so eat red. I don't eat a lot of cheese though I am going to try the cottage cheese. Small things like that. I feel my diet is great the majority of the time so will only roughly stick to the nutrition plan.

Looking forward to workout Wk1B tomorrow! :)
  • CandyBryson
    CandyBryson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just started this week also! I have done workout A but Not B yet, I will be doing that on saturday.