1 year of breast feeding!

Sarah1023
Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
Wasn't sure where to share, but I'm so happy...my baby girl is 1 today and we are still going strong with breast feeding!! Had to make an announcement as I feel that is an accomplishment to be proud of :)

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    That is awesome. It's such a wonderful feeling to provide that body and soul nourishment to your little girl. And nursing a one-year-old is so much fun!
  • harmonyh10
    harmonyh10 Posts: 58 Member
    Way to go mama, that is an awesome accomplishment!
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Good for you momma!!! It's an amazing feeling!
  • Way to go!!!!!

My daughter was a little over 3 when we stopped, and now I have a 4 month old!:)
  • dinomomma
    dinomomma Posts: 264 Member
    Wasn't sure where to share, but I'm so happy...my baby girl is 1 today and we are still going strong with breast feeding!! Had to make an announcement as I feel that is an accomplishment to be proud of :)
    You rock mama
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    It is I am proud of you. Wish more people were into this but I'm glad you are going strong.
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Awesome!! My son will be 10 months old in a couple days and we are still goin' strong. I know I am gonna miss it when he weans though. It's such great bondin' time!
  • howebrook
    howebrook Posts: 28 Member
    That's awesome news -- congratulations. My duaghter nursed until just after her third birthday although she had been down to 1 or 2 times a day for quite awhile before that. Now I worry when she is sick because I can't give her antibodies and make sure she gets some nutrition. LOL
  • me too!!! I swear right after she stopped nursing, she got sick!!!

Not to mention she doesn't eat alot of food, before I didn't worry, now I do lol
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Great job! It is a wonderful thing to be able to snuggle up your baby and feed them. Congratulations!
  • Sarah1023
    Thanks yall!! We are still going strong, we both love the bonding and it's just a special mommy/baby moment!!
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Awww, this made me so happy to see a post like this!! I nursed my second child until she was almost three and am now nursing my third and he is 9 months! It's such an amazing experience. The bonding is awesome. Congrats!
  • praying4four
    praying4four Posts: 29 Member
    Great Job, That is awesome!!
  • That is a HUGE accomplishment!!! I am so proud of you and happy for you!! With my first I only made it to 10 weeks :( So sad but WAYYY busy life then! Now with my son who's 8 months I'm still going strong and will continue until he weans himself!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Definitely something to be proud of! Great work, mama! My baby is 3.5 months old and my goal is to make it to his first birthday.

You rock :)
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Thats so great! i have a 6 month old and were going strong also. Hoping to go at least another 6 months! :)
  • StaceyMayfonz
    StaceyMayfonz Posts: 36 Member
    That is awesome with my daughter I was only able to do it for about 8 weeks she is now 3, however my son is now 6 months old and going strong!!! :happy:
  • shrinkinc
    shrinkinc Posts: 74 Member

Yay! Congratulations! That's so awesome.
    I stopped pumping at 11 months but continued to nurse my daughter until 17 1/2 months (until I weaned her after being away for two weeks).
    I'm hoping to nurse my son till he's at least 2 years old (if not longer).
  • Sarah1023
    Thanks for the support you all!! I appreciate it!
  • Sarah1023

Yay! Congratulations! That's so awesome.
    I stopped pumping at 11 months but continued to nurse my daughter until 17 1/2 months (until I weaned her after being away for two weeks).
    I'm hoping to nurse my son till he's at least 2 years old (if not longer).

That's awesome! My goal is to just keep going!! LOL. I would love to make it to a year....or at least until she decides "no more" lol. I currently still have to pump as I am away from her at work, but any time we are together it's strictly breastfeeding, mommy/baby bonding time. We love it!!