Weight and Measurements Day 1 & Day 30

Options
I was thinking it would be a good idea to add our starting weight and measurements for before and after 30DS. What do you think?

Replies

• erin1276
    erin1276 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. I don't know how to do my measurements and am terrified to see them. My weight is 200 pounds. My ultimate goal is somewhere in the 130-140 range. As for my measurements- do you think a regular tape measure will work??
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm in see you all on Friday to get the party rocking!
  • kkimber2
    kkimber2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm in do we just measure and post here?
  • Princ3ssj
    Princ3ssj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. I don't know how to do my measurements and am terrified to see them. My weight is 200 pounds. My ultimate goal is somewhere in the 130-140 range. As for my measurements- do you think a regular tape measure will work??

The plastic kind of tape measure you can find in a fabric or craft store, not the metal ones uses for construction and found at home depot- they wont bend properly for accurate measurements.

On your profile, the page where you enter your weight you can also do add in your measurements, adding more if you want. I have neck, waist, thigh, hip and arm(Im trying to get rid of my 'bingo wings' so I added arm measurement)
    Here are some tips I found online

Bust/chest:Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
    Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist ( I did it AT my belly button to be accurate every time, not sure I would get 1/2" correctly)
    Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips( read: across the wide part of your butt)
    Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
    Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow

hope this helps :) theres tons of images and charts online too
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    I think it's a great idea to measure and post if you are comfortable with that. I'm in! Going to get my measuring tape. You can take a string to measure and then place on an actual construction measuring tape......I have one from Fabric Land and it works very well bc it's meant to measure people....:)
  • jjmnet
    Options

The plastic kind of tape measure you can find in a fabric or craft store, not the metal ones uses for construction and found at home depot- they wont bend properly for accurate measurements.

On your profile, the page where you enter your weight you can also do add in your measurements, adding more if you want. I have neck, waist, thigh, hip and arm(Im trying to get rid of my 'bingo wings' so I added arm measurement)
    Here are some tips I found online

Bust/chest:Measure around the chest right at the nipple line, but don't pull the tape too tight.
    Waist: Measure a half-inch above your belly button or at the smallest part of your waist ( I did it AT my belly button to be accurate every time, not sure I would get 1/2" correctly)
    Hips: Place tape measure around the biggest part of your hips( read: across the wide part of your butt)
    Thighs: Measure around the biggest part of each thigh
    Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm above the elbow

hope this helps :) theres tons of images and charts online too

THANKS FOR THE CHART!!!! That will make it easier :)
  • sumerain28
    sumerain28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bust 43.5
    waist 43
    hips 47
    thigh 24.5
    arm 14.5
    weight 210.2
  • jjmnet
    Options
    I'm thinking we should post at the start, midpoint and end. That way we have sometime for our bodies to work off those inches. Just my suggestion......:smile:
  • hwalt001
    Options
    I'm waiting for my DVD to he delivered! Hopefully by Feb 5th if amazon is correct! Once I get it, I will post away with accurate measurements!
  • jjmnet
    Options
    bust 38
    waist 33 (most narrow part – above belly button)
    love handles 37
    hips 40.5
    thigh 24.5
    arm 12
    weight 154 (as of Tues. Jan 29)
  • annalisa5525
    Options
    Weight - 136 lbs
    waist - 28.5"
    hips - 38"
    thighs - 23"
    arms - 10"
    under bust - 30"
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree start mid way and end. Will post my figures soon,
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I recently finished the 30DS.. running the tape again for another 28 days.

Jan 1st Stats:
    179.5 lbs
    Arms 12
    Waist 33
    Belly Button: 40
    Hips 39
    Thighs 23.5

Jan 30 Stats:
    CW 174.5
    Arms 11.75 - biceps are visible now
    Waist 30
    Belly Button: 37
    Hips 37
    Thighs 22
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my DVD to he delivered! Hopefully by Feb 5th if amazon is correct! Once I get it, I will post away with accurate measurements!

You can still start on tomorrow, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-WiQKi_W8
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I had DH take pictures, too. I'm wearing a tank and not a sports bra--sports bra shopping was a failure.

Neck: 15
    Waist: 43.5
    Bust: 46
    Paunch: 49
    Hips: 52

Weight: 224

I watched the Level 1 video today to get ready--found my 2lb weights--and i'm ready!
  • jjmnet
    Options
    I recently finished the 30DS.. running the tape again for another 28 days.

Jan 1st Stats:
    179.5 lbs
    Arms 12
    Waist 33
    Belly Button: 40
    Hips 39
    Thighs 23.5

Jan 30 Stats:
    CW 174.5
    Arms 11.75 - biceps are visible now
    Waist 30
    Belly Button: 37