Has anyone seen results yet?

Options
gbminigirl
gbminigirl Posts: 15 Member
I just finished week 2, using the Lean Body for Her pack and have actually gained .2 lbs. When is this going to kick in?

Replies

• mbastuk
    mbastuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My experience has been that everytime I have tried to lose weight, my body has reacted differently...When I was doing the gym/personal trainer method in '07, it took about a month before my body kicked and started to lose weight. It was really frustrating because I was eating right and working out. At one point, we actually increased my calorie intake to get my body to react.

When I tried a "Cardio" only route in '11, it came off faster but I'm guessing some of it was muscle.

This time I am trying to do both cardio,lift and be "tighter" on my diet and 10 lbs came off fast (4 weeks) but now it's slowing down (which I think is normal).
  • mbastuk
    Options
    One other thing I forgot is that I am trying to up my protein intake to 1 gm/ 1lb of weight (I think the formula is different for women)...I have read in numerous places that higher protein helps
  • gbminigirl
    Options
    I think my problem might actually be not enough carbs (after reading Lee's email this week). I had a trainer last year that told me for the amount of training I was doing, I needed my carb intake to be around 70%. I'm trying to get back on the same training schedule and my current intake is 35%. I guess we'll see!
  • mbastuk
    Options
    Wow...70% sounds high! I've always tried to stick in 50-60% range but have been raising my protein levels recently. I also read Lee's article on carbs - interesting.

I know personally, if I go too low on carbs (i.e. Atkins), i feel terrible and have no energy...I lost little weight doing Atkins so it blew my mind when I increased carbs and started losing.
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm not seeing much in terms of weight loss, but my energy level has drastically improved. Physically, I can feel my legs getting tighter and more toned. I see a little definition in my triceps.

I have to also admit that I'm eating what I want. I can only imagine that my weight loss results will be better when I bypass the cookies and the bread.
  • gbminigirl
    Options
    It's pretty difficult for me to get my carbs up as I try to stay strict gluten-free. I can't go grab just any old carb to push up my numbers; although, I wish I could. Cookies sound pretty fantastic, LLaDonna!

I've been eating My Fit Foods (I don't know if they have that where you guys are) on and off (right now, mostly on) and while they are not "low carb," they are in the lower range. I need to do something though.
  • mbastuk
    Options
    I looked back and in the past month I have eaten 35-45% carbs...I'm a bit clueless about gluten free but couldnt you get "good" carbs with things like brown rice?
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    Let's hear some updates! It's been 4 weeks since we checked in and reported on results.

I'm finishing week 7 of this challenge and I've lost 8 lbs so far. I didn't take any measurements in the beginning. I wish I had. I definitely see more definition in my calves, quads and glutes. My core needs a lot of work still. I know I'm not going hard enough on my arms, either. My son keeps telling me to do pull ups and tricep dips. ugh, hate both of those.
  • mbastuk
    Options
    I was actually thinking the same thing the other day - how is everyone doing?

I'm in week 8 and have lost 15 lbs and about 3" from my midsection (measured at belly button). I actually went back and looked at my Lean Body results from 2011 and had lost more weight by this time but I was doing a lot of cardio as we were training for a marathon. I feel better about this round because I'm doing more strength training along with the cardio and starting to see some results ;-)

Beyond the weight loss, I am happy that I have developed a better and consistent routine of eating better and exercising regularly. I've been a little hardcore on my eating this round but surprisingly haven't missed the bad stuff I like (i.e. PIZZA!)

@LLaDonna - Pullups are tough but they are a great back and arm workout...alot of people use a chair. I got one of these contraptions (http://www.amazon.com/P90X-Chin-up-Max-Pull-Assist/dp/B005DA64QG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361638186&sr=8-1&keywords=pullup+assist)

Hope everyone else's journey is going well!
  • gbminigirl
    Options
    I'm down around 4 lbs (I say 4 lbs, but when I weighed myself this morning, I was up 2 lbs from that. Why do I always weigh so much more after days I've burned over 2,000 calories exercising? I'm not counting today's weigh-in.), but I really don't feel it has anything to do with the Labrada products. I've increased my workouts, yes, but I would have done that anyway as I'm in somewhat training mode right now.

The one product that I LOVE and can definitely tell works is the Super Charge pre-workout powder. (http://www.labrada.com/moreinfo_superchargextreme.shtml). I can tell a significance difference in my workouts from when I take it and when I don't.
  • mbastuk
    Options
    I have had the same frustrations - high calorie burn but weight stays the same or slightly up....then I eat badly and the scale goes down ;-)

Relative to Labrada products making a difference - I think the goal of the LBC was to get people into the mode of a "healthier" lifestyle. For most people that would include some level of proteins and supplements and it comes down to what brand you purchase.

When I first started using protein powders, I used to struggle with buying Labrada products because at the time, they were always much more expensive than protein powders from Dymatize, EAS, and the Walmart brands...However, there has been some change in prices as most of these products including the Walmart brands are now similar price (I was shocked at GNC the other day - their brand was more expensive than Labrada). So now it comes down to quality and taste for me which points me back to Labrada.

I agree with you on the pre-workout - I recently bought some Jack3D drink at the recommendation of some friends - not a bad taste but definitely not the "kick" I got when I tried SuperCharge..