Anyone Tried Dreamfields Pasta?

Options
Annaduurai
Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
So the whole non-absorbed carbs seems too good to be true. I want to try this but am a bit scared it will spike my Glucose. Anyone tried it?

Replies

• mamajenb
    mamajenb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have not but now I am curious to hear what others have to say about it.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I haven't tried it yet but I may, as I do like pasta. I tend to shy away from regular pasta's as it hasn't been a a good choice for me cuz of the big spikes it gives me. Some pastas and pizza for that matter tend to have a longer (reaction) (carb) processing time to my blood sugars, as it works it's way through, meaning the spike peaks happen beyond a 2hr post meal reading and then I wonder what the heck?

Everyones different though and I know many other diabetics who've been succesful maintaining good numbers using Dreamfield products and some don't. What works for some may not work for others. Try it out and see what works for you.

If I were to try it, I'd check my numbers before eating then again at one, two hours and then again before my next meal or before bedtime to find out the effects it had. For me, It would be an educated decision for the future.

One thing I've learned about keeping my numbers under control is trial and error. Believe me when I say I've taken many for the team!

Good luck. I hope it works for ya!
  • 13yankeegirl
    Options
    Yes and it's wonderful. Taste is pretty close to regular pasta without the spikes in blood sugar.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I just read about low-carb or high fiber pasta and diabetes. It warned that a sugar spike might not show up within 2 hours of eating such pasta. Check your BG 3-5 hours later. It takes longer for your body to break down that kind of pasta so the glucose impact is delayed.

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14046989.php
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have used it for about a year now, and it's great. A couple things to know: if you cook the pasta in tomato sauce (like a baked ziti), apparently it breaks down and releases carbs. Also if you reheat it, it releases carbs. These two things I've read in more than one place, and I can tell you that my BG goes up if I eat it in lasagna that I made the day before, but if I make it and cook it right away and eat it, I'm fine.

Get a box, try it out. I know that some folks say that it spikes their BG, others it seems to be fine. Also, Barilla now has a white fiber pasta that is very similar, but at least where I live, it's way cheaper than Dreamfields.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    The spaghetti and lasagna noodles both have spiked me. Can’t eat it.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    If you go on their website and sign up you can get a $1.00 off a box coupon. I tried it but it spiked me like regular pasta. I eat it very sparingly.

Just earlier this week though, I made a chicken broccoli alfredo dish but used spaghetti squash instead of pasta. Tasted much better and I didn't spike. :)
  • seakittyfish
    seakittyfish Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    a good alternative to spaghetti pasta is spaghetti squash and also there is are Shirataki noodles. I have tried both and like them. You just have to remember it isn't pasta and it will have a slightly different texture but it is a good alternative. My favorite of the two is the squash.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    a good alternative to spaghetti pasta is spaghetti squash and also there is are Shirataki noodles. I have tried both and like them. You just have to remember it isn't pasta and it will have a slightly different texture but it is a good alternative. My favorite of the two is the squash.

I can't use Dreamfields as I also have celiac sprue. I tried shirataki, but wasn't at all impressed with the texture of the non-soy version and the tofu ones are out due to a soy intolerance.

I do enjoy spaghetti squash and julienned zucchini or summer squash. Even my Italian husband has been requested zucchini noodles ... high praise indeed.
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use Dreamfields pasta, and it doesn't make me peak and crash like regular pasta. The taste is much better than a whole wheat pasta.
  • daxazo
    daxazo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This guy did a Youtube video about it. He ate some, and then checked his blood sugar often. Here are his results, but everyone can react differently :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5baMbAXriM
  • ZiggyX97
    Options
    I tried it and had blood sugar spikes from it, though not as high or a quickly as regular pasta. When I am working out a lot, like getting ready for a marathon or something, I can eat it without too many bad effects, but if I am not working out that intensely it will have more effect. The only noodles that I have found that do nothing are shiritaki noodles, but the texture is a little strange.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    love dreamfields, the key is to undercook it by a minute then shock it with some cold water to stop the cooking process! I just made chicken spaghetti with it! Also there are $1 off coupons you can print online that make it under 80 cents per box!
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    you have to watch it dont over cook it, or its gonna spike, least it does on me. if i cook less than the directions, my sugar stays in pretty good range the next morning, but if if I cook it 9mins or longer my sugar the next morning will reach 148.