Just started. Been diong a mile a day and .....

Options
SuzMcH
SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
Nothing. I weigh in tomorrow and the scales have not moved. I have been under calorie goal every day. My mile a day with Lesley is new to my routine, I was doing very little previously. (recovering from a broken foot)

I was hoping for a loss this week.

I'll up it to a longer walk with Lesley but I thought that I would start with 1 mile. Feeling very despondant.

Replies

• beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Give it time. You're new to walking. :)

What types of exercises did you do in order to lose the first 22 pounds?
  • starbeck33
    starbeck33 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been doing LS for 2.5 weeks now and I stayed under my calorie goal, was hoping for a loss as well...but I GAINED 2 LBS! I have no idea why...(I've done 2 miles everyday) but the other benefits are outweighing the weigh-in. Temporary pain relief, endorphin kick, in better shape, improved mood, meeting my January goal of walking 30 miles. I'm looking at the NSV (non-scale victories) and I hope you will too! Stay with it! :)
  • beautylovetruth
    Options
    Starbeck, you could be gaining muscle mass or water weight. Hopefully it evens out for you and you start seeing those pounds walk away :)
  • starbeck33
    starbeck33 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, exactly! And it already has as of this morning, evened out. :)
  • SuzMcH
    Options
    that's encouraging Starbeck. I've been doing one or 2 miles most days (with exception of Sat and Sunday) and weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully I will see a loss.

But you're right. Surely the fact that I have introduced this activity is better for me than nothing that I was diong before.

I might try my first consecutive 2 miler tonight (previously been doing 1 mile at separate times of day).
  • beautylovetruth
    Options
    SuzMcH, you may not see a loss on the scale as you may be gaining muscle mass. Check your inches, not your weight. :)
  • dowesney
    dowesney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough calories, too. Calculate your BMR and whatever you do, do NOT eat less calories than that a day! Not eating enough will cause you to plateau.
  • SuzMcH
    Options
    Traditionally I've never been very good at measuring inches, I just always go by the scales and my clothes. I will measure tonight so I can track for next week, although not sure I'd be expecting much of a change in inches in one week would I ?
  • Darlened
    Darlened Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my second and trying to do 2 miles a day.