Is anyone else worried?

Options
Those of you that have a lot a lot of weight to lose... Do any of you ever get scared of what you'll look like at the end?

I looked in the mirror while putting on my deodorant today. My stretch marks are getting closer together in a weird dimply mess. It's not enough to stop me from losing weight. I WILL do this. But it makes me worry that I'll have to carry around the story of my out-of-control eating forever and that clothes might never look quite right on me.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I never really thought about it.. I am praying that darn scale keeps going down and until I see some major decline, I am afraid I will never get there. It stinks.. Worried about not losing and then worried about what the end result will be.. There are many success stories on here and everyone always looks so good. Keep up the good work. :)
  • mc100in365
    Options
    I'm hoping to keep my boobs too. I have to admit, getting fat did wonders in the cleavage department. roflol
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Those of you that have a lot a lot of weight to lose... Do any of you ever get scared of what you'll look like at the end?

I looked in the mirror while putting on my deodorant today. My stretch marks are getting closer together in a weird dimply mess. It's not enough to stop me from losing weight. I WILL do this. But it makes me worry that I'll have to carry around the story of my out-of-control eating forever and that clothes might never look quite right on me.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I look at it this way:

At 254 pounds, the world knew I had a major problem. I wore my "issues" in my skin, in the form of layers of fat.

At 198 pounds, I'm still morbidly obese, but I'm in less pain physically now that have 54 fewer pounds to lug around every day.
    The boobs are looking a little deflated, and yeah, the stretch marks have puckered spots as I shrink.

These are things that at my goal weight, I can hide. What ever emotional/mental problems I still have, I can carry around without the world knowing. I really do feel like the world judges fat people. Having lost some of my excess weight, people treat me differently. THAT fact along makes my journey harder...I'm a contradiction that way.

I hope a little of this makes sense. Short version: I already have stretch marks and saggy boobs*, they won't go away. Flaws like this can always be covered by clothing. I'd rather have health than a perfect looking body.

*I'm hoping the saggy boobs will go away with surgery, and yes, I'd rather have perky, scarred boobs than tube socks with nipples.
  • mc100in365
    Options
    Thanks, Sunny. That sounds a lot better when you put it that way. :-)

People do treat larger people differently, sadly even people that were considered good friends in slimmer days. I'll keep plugging away at it.

You know, I can probably get a brisk walk in to the beat of "Does your skin hang low. Does it jiggle to and fro." lol
  • SunnyAndrsn
    Options
    Thanks, Sunny. That sounds a lot better when you put it that way. :-)

People do treat larger people differently, sadly even people that were considered good friends in slimmer days. I'll keep plugging away at it.

You know, I can probably get a brisk walk in to the beat of "Does your skin hang low. Does it jiggle to and fro." lol

LOL, oh yeah, I can too. I wear a major strap me down bra for working out, and if I have to run anywhere fast at work--I hold those suckers in place with my arms.

I have those tight exercise pants to hold the tummy in place. There would be no way I could jog without my Enell bra and those pants.
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You guys are great!! At least we all are working on this together!! Hey.. I heard of a place I can get some cheap xynging pills... you girls interested??

JUST KIDDING....
  • kpmomof8
    Options
    I have "twin skin" ~ this stretched-out mess of skin that came from having my twins ~ and separated abdominal muscles that will never go back to normal. Surgery is my only option for fixing that, but unfortunately, I have a connective tissue disorder that causes me to overproduce scar tissue, so I can't do a tummy tuck. Bottom line for me is that no matter how thin I get, I will always have extra skin to lug around and that's just the way it goes. I try to not worry about it too much, but honestly, I hate how it looks. I would like to have a flat stomach again, but it can't happen no matter how hard I work. I try to convince myself that as long as I'm healthy, it doesn't matter how saggy I look. Some days, I believe it. Other days, not so much.
  • mc100in365
    Options
    Sunny, I hear you! I found a great bra that did wonders for me while runing yesterday. I need to find something to keep my flabby butt in place though. It was distracting when I tried to run.

mom7, I'm thinking of a diet consisting of nothing but sticks of butter, raw eggs, and meth. Are you with me?

That's a good attitude to have about it, kpmom!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    Options
    You guys are great!! At least we all are working on this together!! Hey.. I heard of a place I can get some cheap xynging pills... you girls interested??

JUST KIDDING....

LMAO. Is it safe to take while breastfeeding?

I couldn't resist!!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    Options
    I have "twin skin" ~ this stretched-out mess of skin that came from having my twins ~ and separated abdominal muscles that will never go back to normal. Surgery is my only option for fixing that, but unfortunately, I have a connective tissue disorder that causes me to overproduce scar tissue, so I can't do a tummy tuck. Bottom line for me is that no matter how thin I get, I will always have extra skin to lug around and that's just the way it goes. I try to not worry about it too much, but honestly, I hate how it looks. I would like to have a flat stomach again, but it can't happen no matter how hard I work. I try to convince myself that as long as I'm healthy, it doesn't matter how saggy I look. Some days, I believe it. Other days, not so much.

Those babies are worth it :-)

Have you thought about a light corset? I wore an honest to goodness actual corset under my wedding dress because I wasn't going to have rolls of fat showing through my bodice. I have thought about wearing one again to help with back issues (due to big boob issues) at work. Since I'm always on my feet, my back aches by the end of my shift. Plus I'm expected to do a lot of lifting (patients), thus it gets sore a lot of different ways.