Love eating a bar of chocolate after a work out

Options
I have a really sweet tooth.Will it affect my weight loss at all

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    IMO, if it fits into your macros, no. But it's not going to replenish your muscles. I would switch to 1 cup of 1% milk and 1 serving of chocolate syrup instead or a protein shake with chocolate whey protein powder.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    IMO, if it fits into your macros, no. But it's not going to replenish your muscles. I would switch to 1 cup of 1% milk and 1 serving of chocolate syrup instead or a protein shake with chocolate whey protein powder.

Thats a good idea. Get something that's gonna help your weight loss..not tear it down. Get some chocolate whey protein powder. And drink that after your workout. You could even add some peanut butter to it, to make it more delicious.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite post-workout shake because I workout at night. The whey will replenish my muscles right away and the cottage cheese is a slowly digesting protein that will keep replenishing my muscles throughout the night.

6 oz skim milk
    1/2 banana
    1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    1 Tbsp reduced-fat natural peanut butter
    1 scoop whey protein powder (I prefer chocolate)

Macros will vary depending on the type of protein powder you use but mine is 381 cals with ON Whey.
  • munty76
    munty76 Posts: 47
    Options
    I tened to have a chococlate protein shake after my work out.

I use Green and Blacks Organic Hot chocolate and Plain protein powder, either with water , almond milk or semi skimmed milk, Or a mixture of water and Almond/milk.

total cals vary from 136 to 160cals or so which i think is quite low.

I also sometimes have this before bed if im feeling peckish - not sure if thats good or bad, but way i see it, its better than me snacking on junk food.

Hope that helps
  • jenbrenica
    Options
    Tank you all. Will apply it!:))) I can't be continuing to ruin all y hard work already:)