Does this work w/o exercise?

Options
Bookchick887
Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
I am physically unable to exercise for a little while (fibromyalgia & tendinitis). Will this program still work for me? I don't want to gain back the weight I just lost. I upped my calories Monday.
If you need my stats:
Height 5'
SW 152 (March 2012)
CW 135.8 (134 last week)
GW 130
BMR 1269
TDEE 1523

Any information you can give me is appreciated. I want to have the correct maintenance calories, too.
THANKS!

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    As long as you are calculating your TDEE/BMR etc. using a sedentary number, then yes it will work for you.

This past week I took a rest week from my daily exercises for a few reasons. I had planned to eat at maintenance, but couldn't quite get up there, so still ate at TDEE -15% and, still lost my 0.8 pounds.

Your numbers look pretty close, but, because you are so close to your goal weight (and a lot of people can fluctuate 3-5 pounds given a variety of factors, so I would say you are at your goal weight) I wouldn't take a big cut from TDEE, probably only about 5%.

So, continue to eat at your maintenance level of 1523, and keep checking that you are actually maintaining your weight week over week.
  • Bookchick887
    Options
    Thank you. I wasn't loosing at 1200 anymore. Sometimes lower and had to do SOMETHING. Hope this works.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I am physically unable to exercise for a little while (fibromyalgia & tendinitis). Will this program still work for me? I don't want to gain back the weight I just lost. I upped my calories Monday.
    If you need my stats:
    Height 5'
    SW 152 (March 2012)
    CW 135.8 (134 last week)
    GW 130
    BMR 1269
    TDEE 1523

Any information you can give me is appreciated. I want to have the correct maintenance calories, too.
    THANKS!

Are you able to walk? I would advocate trying to move a bit if you can! I know fibromyalgia is hard to manage, but does walking bother you? (I know a man who has it and his pain management regimen prevents him from doing much walking.) Your numbers look good though. :flowerforyou:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I wasn't loosing at 1200 anymore. Sometimes lower and had to do SOMETHING. Hope this works.

So if you weren't losing inches or weight at 1200 anymore - that is your TDEE, suppressed TDEE.

Whatever you eat in excess will be surplus, and stored as fat, until your body increases your metabolism.

Just want you to be prepared for weight gain.

Besides that is the always topping off glucose stores which always seem to be slightly depleted when dieting, those store with water.

So some gain is needed water weight too.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I wanted to suggest you look into Primal/Paleo lifestyle and food choices. So many women with fibromyalgia eat this way and are feeling better! "marksdailyapple.com" is a great website with lots of info about it all.

I know, it helped me solve many health issues (although different than yours....) along with EM2WL!!
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bookchick887
    Options
    Hi there!

I wanted to suggest you look into Primal/Paleo lifestyle and food choices. So many women with fibromyalgia eat this way and are feeling better! "marksdailyapple.com" is a great website with lots of info about it all.

I know, it helped me solve many health issues (although different than yours....) along with EM2WL!!
    [/quote]

Thanks for the info I will look at it this weekend.
    I was able to walk a little this morning until the rain drove me back inside. I usually walk every day but between pain and bad weather I'm barely getting out there. This happens every year and when spring comes I get out again and everything is ok.
    I appreciate all the advice, thanks