are you kidding me???

Options
I've been working out almost every day... I try to take care my diet... I eat tons of vegetables and fruits.... my job is super active.... and I have not lose a single pound the last few weeks.... I feel stronger though, but I want inches coming off my body as well as weight... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

Replies

• EleMeleUkulele
    EleMeleUkulele Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Aw girl, don't be so hard on yourself. :) Have you measured yourself before and after? Sometimes the weight stays the same, but the muscle to fat ratio changes. Don't let it get you down! :)
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Have you been doing this for three to six weeks now? It usually takes that long for real progress to be seen.

And don't worry! If you're doing that much exercise, you're gaining muscle - that means that even if the scale doesn't say so, your fat is coming off. Don't be so hard on yourself!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how large a deficit are you working with? if you only have a little to lose and are mainly wanting to get more lean, a very small deficit (TDEE -10%) is recommended.
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've been working out almost every day... I try to take care my diet... I eat tons of vegetables and fruits.... my job is super active.... and I have not lose a single pound the last few weeks.... I feel stronger though, but I want inches coming off my body as well as weight... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

I weighed in this morning and have gained 3.25lbs. In a week. And whilst I KNOW weight fluctuations are normal and a million things could have cause it it makes me SO FRUSTRATED and demotivated :(.

Do you mind if I add you? Seems from your ticker we are similar weight with similar goals?
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I weighed in this morning and have gained 3.25lbs. In a week. And whilst I KNOW weight fluctuations are normal and a million things could have cause it it makes me SO FRUSTRATED and demotivated :(.

Do you mind if I add you? Seems from your ticker we are similar weight with similar goals?

I started the 5:2 eating plan, primarily for the health benefits, 3 weeks ago. This means 2 "fast" days a week - max of 500 cal. I don't go nuts on the other days, but eat more or less what I want to. My weight is falling - hard to be accurate as I have a cast on my arm. Still, I find it easy to count calories two days a week instead of seven - motivation isn't such a problem.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the motivation!!!

I've been serious with this new life style for 4 weeks, before that I use to workout frequently and most of the times eating super healthy.

I measured myself and it hast change at all. I guess I will give it another 4 weeks to see if I can notice any results, otherwise I would probably talk to a nutricionist or something...
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with the same issue. I've been at this for six weeks. I've been working out 5-6 days a week, a mix of cardio 2-3 days and weight lifting/circut training the 2-3 other days. I started around 1200 calories, but that's what I'd probably been eating before, except for a 1-2 "binge" days...where I'd eat probably 2000 or so (no idea, just went out to lunch and/or dinner).

I recently figured out my TDEE is around 2100. Without working out at all it's around 1800-1900. I have a pretty active job and I've been burning 300-400 calories from working out. I have a Fitbit and a HRM (only used for cardio), and my average calories burnt for the week is 2095. Some days I burn 1950, some days 2300....so I just go with a weekly average.

1200 calories/day wasn't enough. I now aim to eat about 80-90% of my TDEE, which works out to be 1600-1800 calories/day. I just aim to keep a 250-450 calorie deficit.

Haven't seen the scale move much, but I can notice changes. My abs are more defined, my arms look a bit less chunky, and I lost 1.5" from my hips, and .5" from my waist. I also deal with edema/bloating issues so I think a lot of why I'm not seeing the loss is because I tend to have water retention that fluctuates depending on what I eat (sodium/potassium ratio).

Strength training also added another cause for water retention. The only time I saw the scale go down 2lbs in one week was when I was on a business trip, and only got one lifting session in that week.

Hang in there...when you don't have a lot to lose it takes a really long time to see the scale move. But track other things.... measurements and body fat %.
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I've never been this disciplined, and have had more weight loss success in the past. I'm stronger than ever, but it doesn't show at all on my body, and that's disappointing. I'm just going to stick with it and tweak things until I find a winning formula.
  • beerylicous
    beerylicous Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I used to just diet I would see pounds come off quickly, but this time around I am eating healthy and exercising and my pounds are not coming off at all. I realize that this could be a good thing, because that means I am building muscle and that means the fat is going away. Buy a small pair of pants and every week try them on and quit looking at the scale. It just makes you crazy!!!

A cubic inch of fat weighs less than a cubic inch of muscle, because muscle is denser than fat. So however many cubic inches of fat would weigh 1 lb, the same amount of cubic inches of muscle would weigh 3 lbs.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    When I used to just diet I would see pounds come off quickly, but this time around I am eating healthy and exercising and my pounds are not coming off at all. I realize that this could be a good thing, because that means I am building muscle and that means the fat is going away. Buy a small pair of pants and every week try them on and quit looking at the scale. It just makes you crazy!!!

A cubic inch of fat weighs less than a cubic inch of muscle, because muscle is denser than fat. So however many cubic inches of fat would weigh 1 lb, the same amount of cubic inches of muscle would weigh 3 lbs.

I love your pants idea!!!!