level 1

Options
well hows it going so far?HOW does everyone feel about it??? i did day one on the 31st to get a small jump start...ive done it b4 but never got past day 17 but i deff. have more endurance since i done it last (around december).

Replies

• estrogenat
    Options
    I will do my 6th day today.. after a small rest yesterday. I gained a pound after losing 6 since I started exercising 8 days ago.
    But I guess I lost half inches here and there because my wearings fits more comfortably now :smile:
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I too started yesterday, and when. Attempted it a couple of years ago I couldn't even make it past the warm up. This time round I felt like I might not be doing it right cause I was okay afterwards, no much pain. Today I had hubby watch me to make sure my form was right and I managed to get through it all. I am thinking of increasing the weights cause I feel like I can push more in that area, but the push ups kill me, I am doing them on my knees but feel like I may or be going down far enough, so might do them leaning against the wall til I build up more strength. Any thoughts? Or tips?
  • annalisa5525
    Options
    Level 1 day 1 completed today, managed to get through it ok but i only have 5lbs weights i may need to invest in maybe some 3lb ones as i have jelly arms now :)
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but in the cardio circuit with the punches, I get way closer to the TV and pretend to punch Jillian in the face! LOL But seriously I do. And I'm doing ok. My quads are KILLING me and I do mean killing. Just to get up and walk is a doozy. I can feel every muscle in my upper thighs.

I do have to modify some. Doing wall pushups until I get strong enough to do them on the floor, I can't modify to knee pushups because of a condition I have, it hurts too bad. Today I did Jillians Cardio Kickboxing Biggest Winner BEFORE Shred. Bad combo, never again! So during Shred I had to go lower impact on the cardio circuits. Steptouch on the jumping jacks instead of jumping, jogging in place instead of jumprope, etc. There is TONS of jumping jacks in her kickboxing video so I just couldn't do anymore without hitting the ground lol

And I don't have weights so I've been using 2lb vegetable cans. But they are kinda tough to hang onto, so I'm thinking maybe I can get some half gallon milk jugs and fill them with water and it might be easier, until I can buy some actual hand weights.
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've tried 30 day shred before, but only managed level 1 before I was sick and had to give up. Back to it this morning, but I can honestly say I hate jumping jacks. They don't ever seem to get any easier.

Determined to complete the full programme this time. Was planning on doing on doing 10 days per level with a days break between levels.
  • Roxiesmother
    Options
    I started on Tuesday and I did it again yesterday, but I'm only doing it on days when I don't work out at the gym (I don't have the time or stamina to add an extra 20 minutes onto my hour and a half at the gym!). So I will end up doing it 3 times a week, hopefully. So far it's been fine- I am pretty fit though and I have been doing No More Trouble Zones for the last 2 months on my off gym days. I'm still adding the abs circuits from NMTZ onto the end of the Shred because I am worried that I am not getting enough ab work in, (I don't do abs at the gym). Is anyone else working it in with gym work or are you all doing it on it's own?
  • kncvl
    kncvl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 1, Level 1 done! I like when she's all, "okay, hop right back up LOL." But really, feeling pretty good. We've got this!
  • pink0lily
    Options
    i went hard when i done it lol i modified the push ups and the only thing i had to stop on was the forward lunge with bicep curl...i hate those but i did over half of them b4 stoping..kinda excited to do it again :bigsmile:
  • sumerain28
    sumerain28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    so i did day 1 and 2 and took yesterday off ( I had too lol ..i could barely walk) today is day 3 ..I do my workout in the evening after work as it tires me out so i can actually get some sleep ...the only part i alter is the jumping jacks ..man are they dredfully awkward ( the belly flopping to and fro ) hopefully one day i can look like jullian when she does them. I actually like jullian and find her very motivating . I hope i can do all 30 days ...time will tell
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    What kills me are those push-ups!! i have no upper body strength!! lol
    And the kick ups kill me too. And the ab work....
    I can go on...... LOL....
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    Level 1 day 1 completed today, managed to get through it ok but i only have 5lbs weights i may need to invest in maybe some 3lb ones as i have jelly arms now :)

Holy crow...there is no way that I could even think of 5lbs weights to do that video with especially just starting out!!! I had to go down in weights as I started too high. I'm going to get a few 1 or 2 lbs weights to try out tomorrow. Good luck!!!:smile:
  • pink0lily
    Options
    ugh i have no upper body strength either..i couldnt imagine using a 5lb weight!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    So.....on what day does the pain stop?? I am aching all over!! lol
  • annalisa5525
    Options

Holy crow...there is no way that I could even think of 5lbs weights to do that video with especially just starting out!!! I had to go down in weights as I started too high. I'm going to get a few 1 or 2 lbs weights to try out tomorrow. Good luck!!!:smile:

well i stuck with the 5lb weights for all exercises except the side lunges with arm raises and i used a tin of soup and a tin of chopped tomatoes for that exercise lol.....
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    L1 is the hardest of all levels in my opinion.

** :smile:
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Did Day 3 this evening.
    All is well EXCEPT the push ups and the arm raises during the side lunges might be the death of me. Clearly my weakness is my shoulders!
  • pink0lily
    Options
    i think the pain never really stops lol it just gets easier around day 5-6 :bigsmile:
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    Did Day 3 this evening.
    All is well EXCEPT the push ups and the arm raises during the side lunges might be the death of me. Clearly my weakness is my shoulders!

LOL ....they might be the death of me to!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    i think the pain never really stops lol it just gets easier around day 5-6 :bigsmile:

:laugh:
  • sumerain28
    sumerain28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    is eveyone else doing the abs/strenght stuff as slow as jillian ? i find that I am doing literally 50 of everything in the time alloted for each thing lol i guess it can't hurt right ..except my quads omg ..not sure ill ever be able to sit again