Only 200 calories left after lunch

mas1989
mas1989 Posts: 13 Member
I only have 211 calories left after lunch. I know I will not be able to exercies tonight b/c one son has a spring training football game and the other has a basketball game. Will not have much time to prepare. Any good ideas on something that will be filling and quick, but not many calories???

Replies

• deena7369
    deena7369 Posts: 2 Member
    Maybe a couple hardboiled eggs and an apple. I find those to be filling. I also do 1 frozen whole wheat waffle, toasted, with 1 tbs of peanut butter. That has 180 calories and 11 grams of protein. I often eat that for breakfast and I am still full hours later.
  • JackiePenner
    JackiePenner Posts: 74 Member
    Did the same thing the other day...I didn't panic. Just ran a nice hot bath, made some veggies and hummus and laid back and enjoyed a nice book in the tub. It was a party for me...delicious, and I felt like a million bucks after! Okay...I might of had a small glass of wine too!
  • JavaSparrow
    JavaSparrow Posts: 51 Member
    salad and some fish? or a small stir fry w/ shrimp and veggies? and some tea!
  • Progresso Soups...I keep the Lentil soup on hand. It is filling and under 200 calories. Add a salad and I bet you wont be hungry.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    2nd the Progresso soup - the light creamy potato is 100 calories/cup. Or make an egg white omelette and load it with veggies, have it with a slice of whole grain toast
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    I will also grab the Progresso Light soups when I'm in a hurry but I prefer not to simply because of all the salt. For my busy days/nights I like to pre-make turkey burgers (I put a recipe in the recipe post for a burger that's under 150 calories) and freeze them in individual baggies. They're already cooked so it takes no time to heat them up.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    bar q spicy louisianna sausage (130 cal) sliced up, sauteed (no oil, just natural juices) with onion, mushroom, green pepper, red pepper, yellow / orange pepper, after its all sauteed together, serve on a bed fresh spinach or steamed cabbage...
  • mas1989
    mas1989 Posts: 13 Member
    These all sound great! Thanks so much for helping me out and giving me some ideas.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    If you go over your calorie goal with dinner, you can eat less calories tomorrow to balance everything. I don't do that often but sometimes I have no choice :sad: