For everyone starting this...

Options
Are you planning on doing it 30 days continuous, or just 30 days total? Do you do any other exercising besides this?

Replies

• sumerain28
    sumerain28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    some people do the 30 days straight ..some do 2 days , 1 day cardio and so on . I do the 20 min shred ...then 40 mins of cardio on top of it
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am going to attempt to do the 30 days straight and see how I go, although if. Am it keeping up with a level I will not move on to the next, I am also doing walk away the pound 5 mile walk everyday and c25k three times a week, I am in week 4 of this and found tha it has helped me keep p with the cardio in the 30day shred.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    When I did 30DS in August last year, I tried to do it everyday for 30 days but I got sick in between... this month, I did it everyday except for 3 days which were rest days after doing L1+L2 or the entire workout video (L1+L2+L3)
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I intend to do it 30 days in a row.

For additional exercise, I walk with a coworker 30 minutes a day at work (I'm not fast).

I'm expecting this to kick my butt. But as they say, a year from now you'll be glad you started. 30 days from now I'll be glad I started.
  • estrogenat
    Options
    I exercised for 7 days and can't help but take a day rest!
    I intend to continue the whole 30 days without another rest and see how it goes!
  • annalisa5525
    Options
    Im going to try the 30 days straight. But i will take a rest day if i need one.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I started a couple days earlier, but I do Shred and then something else also. I only do Shred 5 days a week, I read an article by her that said that is how she meant it to be done, not every day. So day 1 I do Shred plus a HIIT workout, day 2 Shred plus something easy like walking or Zumba, day 3 was today and I did Shred plus Jillians Cardio Kickboxing Biggest Winner *KILLER COMBO NEVER AGAIN LOL*, then I will repeat day 1 and day 2 for day 4 and 5. If that makes sense. I tend to confuse when I explain things lol. I don't think I will take 2 days completely off, maybe do some walking or bodyweight strength moves.
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to shred 5 or 6 days a week.
    This is overlapping with 45-50 minutes of cardio 3x a week (walk/slow jog/biking).
    I also would like to start yoga 1x a week but that might have to wait until March. But who knows.
    I work but have a flexible schedule so I'll see how my time allows for this. It could all happen if I shred early in the morning but that's not my favorite time to work out :yawn:
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I am going to give it a try to do it every day. We will see how it goes.
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i shall be attempting 30 days straight plus a 6 mile bike ride each day! :-)

Day One completed :-)
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I started a couple days earlier, but I do Shred and then something else also. I only do Shred 5 days a week, I read an article by her that said that is how she meant it to be done, not every day. So day 1 I do Shred plus a HIIT workout, day 2 Shred plus something easy like walking or Zumba, day 3 was today and I did Shred plus Jillians Cardio Kickboxing Biggest Winner *KILLER COMBO NEVER AGAIN LOL*, then I will repeat day 1 and day 2 for day 4 and 5. If that makes sense. I tend to confuse when I explain things lol. I don't think I will take 2 days completely off, maybe do some walking or bodyweight strength moves.

Omg, another HIIT person!! I am a HUGE believer in HIIT.
  • kkimber2
    kkimber2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What is HIIIT?
  • Wishtobethinagain
    Options
    I plan on advancing level by level every 30 days so for first 30 days level one, then level 2 for 30 days and then do the last level for another 30 days. I will also be doing elliptical and treadmill.
  • pink0lily
    Options
    im going to do the 30 days continuous..if i dont i will be a quitter lol
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    What is HIIIT?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training

30DS can be considered as some kind of form of HIIT (although definitely on the lower end of the spectrum) - I believe that is why 30DS is very effective and gives quick results.
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    im going to do the 30 days continuous..if i dont i will be a quitter lol

Same here, 30 days straight and I'm checking in everyday..........I have never worked out every day for a set period of time....but I have not worked out for 30 + days no problem!
  • SimplyAG
    SimplyAG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it 6 days a week, with sunday as my rest day. I believe in rest days.
  • Mayra_1991
    Options
    i toook sat and sun day off
  • Nene2404
    Options
    For now at least, I'm going with two days of 30DS followed by one day of cardio. Having really not worked out in a few months, my quads are begging for a rest. I look at it this way, anything I do is better than sitting on the couch, and I don't want to risk injury by pushing myself too hard too soon. I didn't gain all this weight overnight. I expect it to take time to lose it. Like the tortoise, slow and steady wins the race!
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    For now at least, I'm going with two days of 30DS followed by one day of cardio. Having really not worked out in a few months, my quads are begging for a rest. I look at it this way, anything I do is better than sitting on the couch, and I don't want to risk injury by pushing myself too hard too soon. I didn't gain all this weight overnight. I expect it to take time to lose it. Like the tortoise, slow and steady wins the race!

Yes, listening to your body is key and everyone's goals are different. Sounds like you have a great plan!