Costco: A Paleo Wonderland

Options
Today, I went to Costco, specifically to get some produce and to stock up on virgin coconut oil and chia seeds. By the time I had checked out, I was dancing on air, I was so excited with some of my finds!

Here are the highlights:

Carrington Farms organic, extra virgin coconut oil (pure, unrefined, cold-pressed): $15.99 for 4 lb. jar
Nature's Earthly Choice chia seeds: $10.99 for 2-lb. bag
Kerrygold grass-fed Irish butter: $6.79 for a 24 oz. pkg

I was so geeked that I bought large quantities of all of the above. I never can trust Costco to stock a certain item for a long period of time. I'm going to vacuum-pack the butter and freeze it for later.

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Replies

• VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    Wow!! That's awesome wish I lived near a Costco.
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    it's the best price for coconut oil around here to.
    i also buy cocoa and maple syrup there. not sure if there prices are the best, but i go through a lot, probably to much of those two things.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'll have to look for the butter!! I know in western Canada Costco stocks chia and just recently coconut oil.....
    Feels so good to get what you want doesnt it!? lol
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    They also sell grassfed beef, organic free-range chicken, and Paleo Cookbooks at Costco. You can find some pretty amazing stuff there.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Oh and btw, they always stock Kerrygold from my experience. Usually they have a consistent stock at Costco, more so than my local Sprouts does of Kerrygold. It's so rich and creamy. Yum!
  • JasonKoverman
    JasonKoverman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We are totally getting a new Costco in Fort Wayne. This post has made me really excited to check it out! Thanks!
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The town I live in is nearly perfect...with the significant exception of a Costco. Sounds like a wonderful haul! I just paid $4 for 8 oz of Kerrygold. Ugh.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I live 100 miles from the nearest Costco and we only have one grocery in town. Looks like next time I go out of town I'll be stocking up on a few things.
  • cmain11699
    cmain11699 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ahh! Thank you so much for the post. I'm getting the Kerrygold next time!
  • DeathToFatness
    DeathToFatness Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In addition to Kerrygold butter, they have Kerrygold grass fed cheddar cheese at the Costco near me. I think it's called 'Dubliner'. It's in the refridgerator thing close to the Kerrygold butter.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Our Costco also carries organic, free range eggs and raw nuts for a great price.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hmm we don't have a Costco but have Sam's. I buy free range eggs, organic spinach, bananas, avocados, organic olive oil, citrus fruits, organic berries. I have never thought of looking for kerrigold butter though, I will have to look.
  • shelleycc
    Options
    Tee hee. I'm still a little high off that Kerrygold find at Costco. My regular grocery (Meijer) and local crunchy store (Better Health) *never* stock it. The ladies at the Costco check-out were chuckling at me because I was so geeked out! I felt like I was fondling little bricks of gold as I vacuum-packed that butter. My little stash of 24# of coconut oil, 4# of chia, and 6# of Kerrygold is safely stowed away. Thanks for all the other heads-ups on other good products. I'll have to take a look into the beef and chicken, for sure.
  • hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Central Ohio alert. :)
    Hmm we don't have a Costco but have Sam's. I buy free range eggs, organic spinach, bananas, avocados, organic olive oil, citrus fruits, organic berries. I have never thought of looking for kerrigold butter though, I will have to look.

I found Kerrygold butter at the Giant Eagle on the corner of Hayden Run and Sawmill. It was in a small cooler section in one of the aisles (not near the other butter).

There is also a Costco up near Polaris but that seems to be too far to go to just get a small set of items.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The closest Costco to us is a 3 hour drive, that my parents are luckily taking today. They are going to look for coocnut oil, and coconut aminos for me. Fingers crossed!
  • xmizlynnax
    xmizlynnax Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tip!
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was at BJ's today and did not think of even looking for Kerrygold. I have a Costco, Sam's Club, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's all within 5-10 miles and have no problem of finding Kerrygold. One good thing, is that my local grocery store (Stop & Shop) now carries Nutiva Coconut oil, but a bit pricey. I did purchase it from Amazon along with my ghee, but now Costco carries the 54 oz jug of Nutiva Coconut oil. Just will buy my ghee from Amazon. I just wish I could find it local. The indian store nearby has ghee but not that good.
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love Costco more and more every time I go there. We had originally ordered our coconut oil from Amazon. We found the same brand (Nutiva), in a bigger container, that cost less. I like that they carry ground bison, although we haven't tried it yet. Gotta love the big bottles of organic EVOO too!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! I was planning on going there tomorrow!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I moved to the UK and I SO MISS COSTCO! All of you paleo/primal people living in the US, enjoy it for me! :cry: