Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks much Babeinthemoom! I did find your list and thanks so much! Great job on the 47lbs! After doing more reading on the Kindle version I also ordered the hard copy of the book last night. I think it will be easier to navigate!
    Wow was I bleary eyed choking down a shake at 6:30 this morning. I usually like to have my coffee and veg for an hour.
  • losingmybehind
    losingmybehind Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Vemma Bode app for carb cycling too, and so far its worked, I know there were some bugs they had to work out, so maybe give it another try? The carb cycling is indeed 2 low carb days, 1 hi carb day, repeat that, then the seventh day is a guilt free day. This cycle works for me for fat loss!
  • 311Sarah
    Options
    :wink: I am so excited about this plan because #1, I am in love with Chris Powell! I have watched every episode of Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition. I read Chris's book Choose to Lose twice to prepare for my own body transformation. I think the key to this diet is to be organized. I'm excited for this journey! I lost 3 pounds in my first week so I think that is a pretty good start.

I just lost another 3 pounds! (2nd week)
  • 311Sarah
    Options
    I've been using the Vemma Bode app for carb cycling too, and so far its worked, I know there were some bugs they had to work out, so maybe give it another try? The carb cycling is indeed 2 low carb days, 1 hi carb day, repeat that, then the seventh day is a guilt free day. This cycle works for me for fat loss!

I just got that app! I will check it out!

I have also been using the app Mealboard to help me plan all my meals. I wiped out the existing database when you first get the app and added my own categories: "Low Carb Meal", "High Carb Meal", "Low Carb Snack", "High Carb Snack" and "Breakfast". You can type in or import your recipes then easily plan. I love the shopping cart feature, it makes going to the store a breeze.
  • losingmybehind
    losingmybehind Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I just got that app! I will check it out!

I have also been using the app Mealboard to help me plan all my meals. I wiped out the existing database when you first get the app and added my own categories: "Low Carb Meal", "High Carb Meal", "Low Carb Snack", "High Carb Snack" and "Breakfast". You can type in or import your recipes then easily plan. I love the shopping cart feature, it makes going to the store a breeze.

Yes, the app makes it pretty easy!! I love that you can choose meals from the options, print the menu and even the grocery list! WIN!
  • CarrieRGordon
    Options
    Helllooo!

I started CTL today and just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I am a full time working wife and Mom to two (Zoe is 9 and Josh is 7). I had gastric bypass in May 2002 and did great and lost @150 pounds before having children. Since the birth of my youngest the weight has has been slowing creeping back up. I am not happy about it or where I am at and I am not getting any younger. lol

I saw Chris Powell on Dr. Oz and then on the Extreme Weight Loss Edition and he plan has intrigued me but I could never make myself commit. But I have to make a change and get this weight off. For me and my family. So....I bought the book and made my first grocery shopping trip this weekend. I spent @ 45 minutes prepping all the fruits and veggies and cooked 6 chicken breasts in the crockpot so they are ready to go.

I am looking forward to working hard and watching the pounds melt away. I am a little overwhelmed with the plan at the moment, but I hope that as I get used to it it will all be easier. I am a little concerned about getting in all the calories since I can't eat the suggested portion sizes but I am going to do the best that I can.

I look forward to getting advise and encouragement as we go through this together. Please feel free to take a look at my food log and let me know how I am doing.

Thanks!
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Helllooo!

I started CTL today and just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I am a full time working wife and Mom to two (Zoe is 9 and Josh is 7). I had gastric bypass in May 2002 and did great and lost @150 pounds before having children. Since the birth of my youngest the weight has has been slowing creeping back up. I am not happy about it or where I am at and I am not getting any younger. lol

I saw Chris Powell on Dr. Oz and then on the Extreme Weight Loss Edition and he plan has intrigued me but I could never make myself commit. But I have to make a change and get this weight off. For me and my family. So....I bought the book and made my first grocery shopping trip this weekend. I spent @ 45 minutes prepping all the fruits and veggies and cooked 6 chicken breasts in the crockpot so they are ready to go.

I am looking forward to working hard and watching the pounds melt away. I am a little overwhelmed with the plan at the moment, but I hope that as I get used to it it will all be easier. I am a little concerned about getting in all the calories since I can't eat the suggested portion sizes but I am going to do the best that I can.

I look forward to getting advise and encouragement as we go through this together. Please feel free to take a look at my food log and let me know how I am doing.

Thanks!

Welcome to the group! It sounds like you are off to a great start!

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably do one of two things... split the meal sizes in half, and eat more frequently... and/or I'd make my protein shake with an extra scoop of powder, so that I get more nutrition in with those meals. If you get stuck, and need some specific advice, feel free to PM me... or start a new thread here in the group! We are all here to help!!!
  • munecagirl22
    munecagirl22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hello all i hope iam introducing myself correctly all i did was press reply if now someone show me how.. hehe

iam ashley and iam now 320 i started out at 336- my highest weight ever i did alli and evercise for the first lbs and last 4 switched to carb cycling with iam acustomed to and love.. i just turned 27 always been heavy-bot this big i got sick a year ago my aunt who raised me died i have no one and my husband f 8 year who was my rock left!! and no job needless to say 150lbs comes on FAST!

so hear iam needing a support group been looking forever!! soo happy to find you guys..:)

*** PS how can i add my ticker the weight loss tool??
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Oh good you made it! I just replied to the PM at the other place! We are so here for you Ashley! I only joined this group a week ago but everyone is fantastically supportive. I can't help you on the ticker. i am clueless!
  • munecagirl22
    Options
    LoL thanks!!!! thank you for showing me this website iam so very super excited!! :) and maybe someone can both help us on are tickers then eheh
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    LoL thanks!!!! thank you for showing me this website iam so very super excited!! :) and maybe someone can both help us on are tickers then eheh

TIcker help...click on app, then ticker to make your ticker.

To install your ticker on posts...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/settings

Hope that helps !

Dot :flowerforyou:
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Thanks Dot!
  • munecagirl22
    Options
    yes thanks i just want to see if my ticker is posting :)
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Drea and I just got done reading the book. I was a huge fan of "Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition" and after seeing Chris Powell on Dr. Oz I just knew that this Plan would be for me. I have a really bad habit of self sabbotage and I can lose/gain weight extremely fast which can be a good/bad thing. Back in May of 08', I weighed my heaviest at 320lbs and then I did an extreme low-carb diet (20 net carbs a day) and lost 90lbs in about 6 months. I quit the low-carb only because I found out I was pregnant - weird how you can not have even one scare for five years and then when you lose weight you get knocked up immediately lol. I gained 60lbs through pregnancy and then started my journey back up about a year ago and lost the 60lbs.

My Husband is going to attempt to do this Plan with me but he works weird hours (has to be in by midnight) so we are going to try to find a way for it to work for him as well.

Anyhow, I'm excited about this program and hope that I see great results like everyone else. Thanks for reading! :happy:
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning , well yesterday i recieved my book.st night i read it. i love it. i love the the whole idea of cycling the carbs . iv got about 30kgs to reach my goal weight. Normaly iv been a low carb girl. but like chriout ps says it never last . i run out of steam. I'm looking fforward to a plan thats do able for the rest of my life. so wish me luck !!! Plz add me as a friend would love some support xx
  • focus1232
    focus1232 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Royce and I'm reading Chris Powell's book. I currently weigh 350 my highest weight was 360. I'm a carb addict and compulsive over eater. I am so past ready for a change in my life. I have eaten myself into a prison and only I can eat my why way out! I had joined MFP and had success for about 3 months and lost 20lbs, but gained it all back. My sister is reading the book and I am just now trying to taste healthy food. Last night I ate Tilapia (SP) and veges for the first time in my life. I've always been a junk food eater. I'm praying for and looking forward to making this lifestyle change with support of my sis and friend on MFP oh and this great book!!! Add me plz
  • MAV9855
    MAV9855 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Miriam. I have been doing low carb (Atkins) for almost 2 months and lost 13 pounds. I got to a point in which I was not able to loose any weight even when I was keeping my carbs around 25 gm. Low carb is hard to keep up with! I just finish reading the book and started this approach last Friday. The reviews are good and is something I can live with. I need to learn the program, reading post have been a great help for me. I need to loose 80 pounds and can use support and motivation.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies, Drea, Chantall, Miriam & Royce! I hope that CTL works for both of you! I started at 260, and have lost 48 pounds so far since June. I am so thankful for this program, because it has taught me proper portion sizes, and healthy combinations of foods to eat. Even when I "fall off the wagon" for a few days, I seem to not do too badly.

Feel free to ask any questions you have... and join in on the "Weekly chat" sticky when you have time!
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My name is Jen and I am new to the group. Weighed in yesterday. Having a "cheat day" today...and am starting CTL tomorrow. I had started it last year...lost 8 pounds...then life got in the way, and I got off track .Started loggng with MFP right before Thanksgiving and have only lost two pounds so far. Tried 3 weeks of The Shred...but no luck. I think the calories are too low...as I am a month into heavy llifting. So I decided to go back to what was working....wish me luck...really want to lose 20 pounds. I am sure I will have some questions along the way. So glad to be a part of a supportive group. Looking forward to hearing all of your success stories! :smile: