blood test results

Options
Rodap9631
Rodap9631 Posts: 38 Member
well had my blood test results to see if there is anything askew since going vegan. Everything was in a healthy range even the iron free T and B12 were all up in the healthy range. The good news was that when I went vegetarian a long time ago my cholesterol went down 20% to just within a healthy range but now as a vegan its gone down further about 20% again.

Replies

• VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    Congrats! That's great!
  • lisadreyer1963
    lisadreyer1963 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i had similar results. I thought I was a healthy eater and knew that high cholesterol ran in my family but when i got my results back and saw that my total cholesterol was 230 I was surprised. I made the switch to plant based eating in August and 4 months later my total cholesterol was down to 174 and my hdl's went up by 10 points and my triglycerides went from 104 to 50. I am a believer and I feel great. Congrats to you Rodap9631!
  • healthysince2013
    healthysince2013 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is so cool, Congrats!
  • runneraly
    runneraly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine is flirting with the idea of going vegan so he asked me about my cholesterol #. I told him I would ask my doctor when I visited him a couple of weeks later. When I asked my doctor, he just laughed and told me to tell my friend that whatever his cholesterol # was, tell him yours is less. The perks of a vegan diet ;)