Just started Active2

Options
allsturns
allsturns Posts: 36 Member
Hi Guys,
Despite buying this ages ago I did my first workout using it today on the PS3. Used the kick start setting which I think is a 3 week program. Is it worth me signing up online also?

Tips would be appreciated on remembering to use it too as I'm not a big game player and only got around to trying it today as my daughter was home from school and turned the machine on for me!

Seemed pretty fun though :)

Replies

• Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Great job >> allsturns <<
    I started slow with the Cardio Kick start challenge on Easy Medium and Hard and then worked my way into the 9 week challenge. As I go through the challenges I like to increase the dumbbell weights a little bit each time to give myself new challenges. So far that is working out good. I started at 3 lbs and am now at 14 lbs. I like using the dumbbells (b/c I know how much weight I am lifting) but you can also use the resistance bands. On some of the floor exercises I wear ankle weights to increase the difficulty. Currently I am using the NFL Training Camp program on the Wii which uses the same sensors as EASA2. Both programs are awesome. Between the two programs I have been going strong now since April 2011. Unfortunately the online portion of the game has been shutdown by EA Sports so that means no online forum there and no additional charts that used to be part of the online experience. Big bummer I think. I really enjoyed that part about the program. But the EASA2 still gives great results if used consistently. Here's to a great year of fitness. Remember that water and those stretches.
  • allsturns
    Options
    That's a shame that the online bit doesn't work. I'm doing it in addition to my regular gym sessions. Done 2 so far :)
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just started a 9 week program on sports active 2 for the Wii and its kicking my *kitten* but I love it! Sad that its not online....i think its one of the best game workouts I have done.
  • allsturns
    Options
    I'm really enjoying it and the competitive side of me just won't allow the instructor to win me in any of the races! Does anyone know if there's a way to challenge people online?
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    They shut that whole portion of it down.....im bummed about it
  • monkmonk1230
    monkmonk1230 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had this game for a while but never used it until Friday. I am 18 and 198 pounds. I am not happy about my body. So I started slow with the Cardio program on Easy. It has me working out 4 days a week. I am excited to work out because I have read a lot of success stories. I gained weight because I have knee problem and needed surgery in April 2012. This game made me sweat! I have a nustep ( a workout machine) that I used to workout for a hour and I did not even sweat at all! So I am glad I am starting this. I hope I loose a lot of weight by this summer! :D