pita pizza recipe

Options
MissySchwab
MissySchwab Posts: 529 Member
picture for group is my veggie pita pizzas.I roast zucchinni,peppers,onions,mushrooms that I cut in thin slices and strips and tomatoes(ilikes the half grape tomatoes)at 350 for 30 minutes with about a 1 tsp of oil (i use a spouted bottle to do this and get a nice light coating to prevent sticking)

after the veggies are cooked I put the pitas in the oven on a cookie sheet and bake them for like 7 minutes

after the pitas come out i top the pizzas with the veggies and a little cheese.I use 1/2 bag of shredded cheese for 6 pizzas(i like to use the 2% italian blend) and then I bake the pizzas again for around 7 to 10 minutes till the cheese is melted and the crust is as soft or crispy as my family likes it.

I then take a couple of handfuls of spinach and chopp it in thin strips to sprinkle on top or several fresh basil leaves or a mix of both. a serving is 1 pizza.I'll post calories and fat after I add it up.:):heart: :heart:

Replies

• MissySchwab
    MissySchwab Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    calories are 341 for 1 whole 4 inch diameter pita pizza has 37 carbs,14 grams of protien, and 10 grams of fat.Who can feel guilty about eating a whole personal pizza when it fits in almost everyone's diet? I cut my pizzas in 4 slices and I usually feel full after eating half.Even my kids and husbnad like this recipe.:)
  • surbeck
    Options
    Great idea! Keep the good recipes coming :)
  • M3Middler
    M3Middler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This will be a guilt-free and delicious addition to my Super Bowl mini-party. Thanks for such a healthy suggestion!
  • MurderMeSomeFat
    MurderMeSomeFat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have made these for years. My kiddo's love them. I have a kindergartener that fights the healthy lifestyle (caught her flushing her dinner this week) and this is the easiest way I can get veggies in her. She did start eating salads this week and she didn't flush it!!!! What a stinker!