Weekly Chat 1/27 - 2/2

Options
13»

Replies

• MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This week has been a good one. I stuck to the program and I am really enjoying it. I measured myself and I have lost more inches than I thought I did (for the whole month)...Yay! I am determined to measure on a monthly basis now. Hope you all are doing well and have a great week end! Thanks for all the support you have given to me.
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Okay, so after this week, I should have my first Slingshot Week. How does that work? Just all HC days? I need to go back and read the book a bit. It will be interesting.

Also another question: Do you ever mix up your days? Just keep the same number of HC/LC/Free days, but mix them up during the week just to suit whatever social events/life events you have going on? I am just curious to see if that works the same way as the way the program is written.

Thanks for any help! Appreciate it.
    --Christine
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    @Christine - Congrats on being 1lb lighter!! That is great news!

Thank you to everyone for being supportive! I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What great updates!

8 pounds down!! Contratz unodrea!!!

Christine - have fun with your girls day! Sounds like it will be a nice break! Feel free to switch around the days as needed in a regular week... just know that you might "show a gain" for a week if your funday is really close to "weigh day." Also, if at all possible have a LC day the day before weigh day to help with elimination of water retention. On Chris's "shape the nation" website, he alludes to switching the days up more often than he says in the book... you have to sign up for a paid subscription to see what that looks like (I have not), but I'm assuming that switching them up can be good for the body.

jbdowns & midgen27... I feel your pain. I'm only down 2 lbs since Thanksgiving. But.. I'm not complaining at all since at Thanksgiving I was just fitting into 18s from lane bryant, and now the 16s are starting to feel loose! Last night I put on some "regular 16s" (not lane bryant) just to see how they fit... I was able to get them on and zipped... they were slightly too snug, but that's okay since they are capris, and it is not warm enough to wear them yet. LOL I guess I have some body recomposition going on.. that's for sure!

Speaking of clothes, tonight I get to go to a ladies clothing swap... It is a fundraiser for a local church's women's ministry. You bring a minimum of 10 items of clothing, and $10... and you get to take home anything you want, at no extra charge! I can't wait to see what awesome spring clothes I can bring home that will fit me now, and will be able to shrink into!
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What great updates!

8 pounds down!! Contratz unodrea!!!

Christine - have fun with your girls day! Sounds like it will be a nice break! Feel free to switch around the days as needed in a regular week... just know that you might "show a gain" for a week if your funday is really close to "weigh day." Also, if at all possible have a LC day the day before weigh day to help with elimination of water retention. On Chris's "shape the nation" website, he alludes to switching the days up more often than he says in the book... you have to sign up for a paid subscription to see what that looks like (I have not), but I'm assuming that switching them up can be good for the body.

jbdowns & midgen27... I feel your pain. I'm only down 2 lbs since Thanksgiving. But.. I'm not complaining at all since at Thanksgiving I was just fitting into 18s from lane bryant, and now the 16s are starting to feel loose! Last night I put on some "regular 16s" (not lane bryant) just to see how they fit... I was able to get them on and zipped... they were slightly too snug, but that's okay since they are capris, and it is not warm enough to wear them yet. LOL I guess I have some body recomposition going on.. that's for sure!

Speaking of clothes, tonight I get to go to a ladies clothing swap... It is a fundraiser for a local church's women's ministry. You bring a minimum of 10 items of clothing, and $10... and you get to take home anything you want, at no extra charge! I can't wait to see what awesome spring clothes I can bring home that will fit me now, and will be able to shrink into!

Thanks! That is helpful. I kind of thought that, but it is good to have a little confirmation. So, that is what I will do. I also do have a LC day before my weigh-in -- always make sure to plan that out!

Today is Fun Day for me here. Daughter and I plan for a fun day as well, but I will go to the gym first. I always try to get a good workout in on my Fun Day -- it helps to alleviate my "food guilt". But, we plan to go out for Mexican tonight and I'm sure I'll make up the calories there.

I just order Chris Powell's hardcover book. I have it on our Kindle, but I think it will be easier for me to follow on an actual book. I need to re-look at the macros and make sure that I am getting them down correctly on my HC and LC days. I also need to get some of those tips you mentioned in the other post, Babe, about not having peanut butter in the morning. I just think I need to fine-tune my program. :-)

It will be good to have the book as I have my slingshot week in a week or so, too.

Anyway, time to get us moving this morning. Hope you all have a great weekend! :happy:

--Christine
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm delighted to say I ended my week 2.2 lighter. I admit there was a lot of white knucking it and trying not to go way over on cals. I pretty much went to bed drinking a fiber drink every night this week because I was HUNGRY. I knew tom was due this week so I ignored it all but Wed when i splurged. I'm now glad I did. Darn hormones. The 1st 2 weeks I was fine. My slingshot starts tomorrow. I did end up caving to dinner out not being super healthy on Wed when we took Mom out. I think I ended up about 220 cals over. I might have lost more if I hadn't but that is a ok.

UnoDrea That is really so awesome!!!! Congrats!!!! I bet you were smiling ear to ear!!!

Midge way to go on the inches!!! Inches going bye bye rocks!

Christine have a fantastic time!!!! The hard covber made a lot more sense to me . The kindle was too hard to flip back and forth.

Babeinthemoon that clothing swap sound like such a fantastic idea!!!! Have fun!!!

JB I love the poem!!!

Losing my behind how ware you doing?

Howtowin you did excellent on your trip!!!
  • Good morning! Today is my Fun Day and WI. I stayed EXACTLY the same as my last WI. I'm disappointed, but in thinking back to my trip I fondly remember eating In-N-Out twice, Mexican once, Mediterranean once, of course the big party had great food, and other restaurant food. So, I'll take a maintain this week. :wink:

You guys are all doing GREAT and I love to read all the successes here! Keep up the good work!!! :flowerforyou: Monica
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Good morning! Today is my Fun Day and WI. I stayed EXACTLY the same as my last WI. I'm disappointed, but in thinking back to my trip I fondly remember eating In-N-Out twice, Mexican once, Mediterranean once, of course the big party had great food, and other restaurant food. So, I'll take a maintain this week. :wink:

You guys are all doing GREAT and I love to read all the successes here! Keep up the good work!!! :flowerforyou: Monica

Excellent way to think about it! WTG on the maintain!!

My saturday updated:
    The clothing exchange last night was really fun!! I got to bless others with 3 garbage bags of "big clothes," and I still have another that I'll be giving to a friend as soon as I can hook up with her. I got 12 items of clothing including a couple pretty dresses... and a "goal" outfit. I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to fit in it when I get down to goal, but It will be fun to have it hanging in my closet to look at!

Today I went to strength training class at jazzercise. This one is "off the grid" and is no aerobics... just weight work. Wow, I'm sore. Next week I hope to up the weights for some of it.

My weigh in today was not good. I'm up 4 pounds. But, I "stress ate" this week... and got some crap out of my system. I'm sure most of the weight is water retention. I expect to be back down next saturday.

Oh, and I finished off the rest of the chocolate covered espresso beans... which is good because I'm starting a health and fitness challenge today that lasts 8 weeks. Part of the challenge is to limit your food items to 6g of processed sugar or less.... with one free day. But if you go all 7 days in a week, you get bonus points. It is my goal to go all 8 weeks without a break... we'll have to see how that goes. LOL.
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone !! Day 2 for me today, enjoyed my first day. smashed a intense workout. I'm looking forward to seeing results. iv been tested for ceiliac disease last Wednesday so I'm waiting on those results. That will make highcarb days a little tricky. anyway. its so motivating seeing everyone's results. Xx
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Hi everyone !! Day 2 for me today, enjoyed my first day. smashed a intense workout. I'm looking forward to seeing results. iv been tested for ceiliac disease last Wednesday so I'm waiting on those results. That will make highcarb days a little tricky. anyway. its so motivating seeing everyone's results. Xx

Good Luck with day 3! Be careful with some of the gluten free foods... A friend of mine who has Ceiliac told me that sometimes the things that are pretending to be made with flour are higher in calories, and/or sugar than regular "wheat" products. So, her recommendation would be to skip "gluten free" foods unless you need to satisfy a certain craving. :smile: