DAY 1

Options
2»

Replies

• pritchardcj
    pritchardcj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just finished day one! Got through it without any problems, but I do hate pushups!
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today! I couldn't keep up with it completely. I need motivation!!! Does anyone know how to add it to your exercise log?

i found a formula somewhere that apparently Jillian Michaels herself said to use somewhere on a website.....multiply your weight by 3.267. That gives you the number of calories you burn in an hour. Divide that number by 3 to give you the 20 minutes worth. Not sure how accurate it is but thats what i'm going by
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Got through--and my butt is thoroughly kicked. Or maybe not, since I wasn't able to kick my own butt!

I kept up with the arms and only put the 2 lb weights down for one set of lunges. I couldn't do the bicycle abs--my legs just wouldn't listen to me--but I did do crunches during that time. Pushups killed me--I think I'll do wall ones for a few days to get myself up to it--at least for the second round of them.

For the legs, though, I spent a lot of time walking in place. And I NEED to get a good sports bra. The hardest part of the jumping jacks was that I'm not held in place well enough.

But I did it. And I didn't stop for more than a few seconds at any point.

YAY for all of us!
  • kaskielc
    kaskielc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Enell bra... it's pricey ($65) but the one bra I own that I don't have to "double up!" definitely worthwhile :)
  • ddeleonm09
    ddeleonm09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone! Keep it up! I'll be doing my day 1 in an hour. Let's see how it goes... ;)
  • EliseLives
    EliseLives Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done! I was happy to find that a lot of the moves are ones that I had previously done in No More Trouble Zones.

I couldn't get through the second set of cardio. It was so quick with no breaks, by the time jumping jacks came up again I had to stop. Next time I will try to push through. I do think it is motivating to think that it will just get easier and easier as we go. So the hardest day is done, think about that as motivation. Yay!
  • Melij
    Melij Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @kimberleyanne Thanks for the DVD tip. I'll try that tomorrow.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I had to take little mini breaks now and then too. Especially some of the cardio. I am certainly feeling the effects tonight though. My abs are saying WTF???!!!!
  • bethFromDayton
    Options
    I swear by the Enell bra... it's pricey ($65) but the one bra I own that I don't have to "double up!" definitely worthwhile :)

Thanks--there's a store not far from here that carries them (Google is my friend), so I'm going to go tomorrow morning. I ordered something from oneStopPlus, but it won't be here for a while--and there's no way I can do jumping jacks or butt kicks without something!
  • rhymesworegon
    Options
    Day 1 done and I've discovered I've gotten no better at push-ups than i was in high school. Good times.
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Here is Aussie it is day two officially but I started a day early and although i am in pain I was able to make it through the entire level one with 3 stops for 2 seconds and of course doing wall push ups. But I can already see definition in my arms.. it is crazy:happy:
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Really hate Jumping Jacks!!!! But managed it. :)
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 yesterday. Squats and lunges are so sucky! :) Off to do day 2 now!
  • JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done :) bring on the aching muscles tomorrow :laugh:
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I already messed up. And my day got away and no day one. I'll do better here on day two.
  • bethFromDayton
    Options

Thanks--there's a store not far from here that carries them (Google is my friend), so I'm going to go tomorrow morning. I ordered something from oneStopPlus, but it won't be here for a while--and there's no way I can do jumping jacks or butt kicks without something!

Well, the Enell didn't work for me, unfortunately. I was prepared to pay the $65 for it! I'm apparently a 4.5 in their sizing--the 5 fit in the band was too big in the bust and it was a workout to get the 4 fastened--it was too tight in the band and just a bit tight in the bust. I bought a Goddess instead--which seems as if it'll hold the girls in well.

I really appreciate your pointer to Enell, though--it's what got me to the right store, which I had never even heard of.
  • kaskielc
    kaskielc Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Well, the Enell didn't work for me, unfortunately. I was prepared to pay the $65 for it! I'm apparently a 4.5 in their sizing--the 5 fit in the band was too big in the bust and it was a workout to get the 4 fastened--it was too tight in the band and just a bit tight in the bust. I bought a Goddess instead--which seems as if it'll hold the girls in well.

I really appreciate your pointer to Enell, though--it's what got me to the right store, which I had never even heard of.

I'm glad you found something that works for you! Thanks for the tip about the Goddess, definitely going to check it out :)