Day 2

Options
FionaHelen
FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
well day two done, my knees found it very hard going today, but loved every minute :-)

Replies

• Nene2404
    Options
    Great job!! I completed Day 2 first thing this morning. My legs were burning, but I powered through it.
  • ronnie1008
    Options
    Finished day 2. Overall, I did better than yesterday; with the exception of push ups... still suck at those, and, my bicycle crunches aren't pretty and graceful like the ladies on screen. Today I decided that I am really annoyed by the expression "don't phone it in" and can't help but crack a smile every time she calls one of the girls "buddy." Looking forward to day 3.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Done Day 2! OMG! All I kept thinking was ere is no way in hell I can do this tomorrow let alone 30 days! lol. I found something's came a little easier and others were harder than the first day due to already being sore. That said, there will be a Day 3! I don't know how it will be done but it will.
  • pink0lily
    Options
    i do my exercises LATE at night so technically my day 2 was last night but im still gonna post with yall :bigsmile:
    the side lunge with the shoulder raise KILLS my shoulders...but im still sucking at the push ups! as we all know
    it will only get easier..AND I REALLY LIKE this dvd BUT i hate listening to her talk..i just hate it lol
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i do my exercises LATE at night so technically my day 2 was last night but im still gonna post with yall :bigsmile:
    the side lunge with the shoulder raise KILLS my shoulders...but im still sucking at the push ups! as we all know
    it will only get easier..AND I REALLY LIKE this dvd BUT i hate listening to her talk..i just hate it lol

Yes Gillian has the most annoying voice i put my ipod on and turn off the sound on dvd, makes for a more pleasant work out :-)
  • kncvl
    kncvl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Did Day 2 this morning. Boy, my quads are feeling it!
  • momamilkmartin
    momamilkmartin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2, and boy i was still feeling day 1 i can just imagine how tomorrow will be but i have got to power thru. I was wondering how is everyone recording this in exercise? I don't have a hrm that works right now but was thinking on getting one any suggestions?
  • annalisa5525
    Options
    Day 2 done, i am so bad at the side lunges it feels like i cant lift my arms up after doing them, hopefully they will get easier !!!!
  • stina412
    Options
    Jillian is NOT my friend today!!
    I just keep telling myself that it WILL get easier ....man I hope so !
  • kaskielc
    kaskielc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done! Definitely looking into wearing my ipod during Day 3 to tune out Jillian!
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. I find the cardio impossible--I can't seem to get my legs that high in the air. I've tried moving off of the area rug that's in front of the TV, which helps some, but I think it's just because I'm so heavy it's hard for me to jump (and I worry about my ankles and knees). I'm moving in place the whole time, though.

My plan: 1st step of pushups on the floor, second on the wall
    Try to work my way up to doing the legs for each section of cardio, even if it's just 10 seconds until I start moving in place.

I haven't mastered the bicycle abs--I did oblique crunches during those because I couldn't make my legs listen to me.

The new sports bra made a ton of difference.
  • mandarilla86
    mandarilla86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Done + 30 mins on the treadmill. I am beat!
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm home after a crazy day of running around:sad: .....I still have to do Day 2! I'm doing it....I'll check back in. Great work everyone....be proud! Day 1 is always easier as you are soooo motivated.....Day 2 is tougher.....but I'l get there!:smile:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies.. my D2 was yesterday and that got done! Today is a break day, I ran/walked fast on the treadmill, lifted weights instead.
  • EliseLives
    EliseLives Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Only a ***** makes you do bicycle crunches as the last move of a workout. That lady sure doesn't want to give you a break ever haha!!

Someone mentioned side lunges with lifting the hand weights to eye level. My arms were dyyyying bringing them up that high. And my thighs were killing me during the punches.

I sure woke up sore today from Day 1 so I am very proud to have finished Day 2. But man I am extra sore now. Hoping my muscles will feel better tomorrow.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Only a ***** makes you do bicycle crunches as the last move of a workout. That lady sure doesn't want to give you a break ever haha!!

Someone mentioned side lunges with lifting the hand weights to eye level. My arms were dyyyying bringing them up that high. And my thighs were killing me during the punches.

The soreness will disappear VERY soon.. can take up to 3-4 days but that is just my experience. You will soon be asking in later weeks where the soreness has gone! :-)

Bicycle crunches get easier in time :laugh: .. I know you don't believe me now but it does as you get stronger. Side lunges - that I cannot say the same for cause I still have trouble doing them hah :)
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    Done Day 2!!!!!! Yahoooo! I'm so glad I did a Biggest Loser video last week to get my muscles moving.....if not I'd be in super pain! And yes, getting the weight to eye level is killer! Good luck on Day 3!!!!
  • Kmadden316
    Kmadden316 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do the workouts later at night as well, so my day 2 was Friday night. I definitely noticed something's were easier and others were much harder. I don't have any issues with soreness or fatigue on my lower body at all, but I absolutely suck at push-ups and the raising of my arms while doing the side lunges. I just can't seem to do them. Maybe I need smaller weights? I'm using 5lb weights. It's the only set I have.
  • SimplyAG
    SimplyAG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group today but also started yesterday. My calves are sore and my butt, hehe, I have trouble with push ups and side lunges, had to do these without weights. I do girl push, well barely.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done. I find the cardio impossible--I can't seem to get my legs that high in the air. I've tried moving off of the area rug that's in front of the TV, which helps some, but I think it's just because I'm so heavy it's hard for me to jump (and I worry about my ankles and knees). I'm moving in place the whole time, though.

My plan: 1st step of pushups on the floor, second on the wall
    Try to work my way up to doing the legs for each section of cardio, even if it's just 10 seconds until I start moving in place.

I haven't mastered the bicycle abs--I did oblique crunches during those because I couldn't make my legs listen to me.

The new sports bra made a ton of difference.

For the jumping jacks, you can do step touch instead of jumps. For the jump rope, do skip rope instead of jumps, etc. Also you can try to do the moves and just do them slower than Jillians crew does. I do a mixture of modifying and the high impact and hopefully soon I will just not have to modify anymore.