New Atkins Frozen Dinners

Options
LaJaunaF
LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
I bought 2 of each of the varieties and I have tried two so far, the Chicken Pot Pie and the Beef Merlot. I love the creaminess of the sauces! I add extra veggies to each plate and was quite satisfied, even though I thought they might be a bit skimpy! Have any of you tried any of the other ones yet?

Replies

• aimeehoward73
    Options
    I like the chicken and broccoli alfredo one the best so far. I've also had the ones with scrambled eggs for breakfast. They help me stick to it when I don't feel like or have time to cook. :) I have all of them in my freezer, I just haven't tried all of them yet.
  • LaJaunaF
    Options
    I made a batch of Cheesy Cauliflower Mash yesterday and I poured the Chicken Pot Pie over the top of about 1 cup of the mash. OM Gravy! It was awesome! I plan to go to the store to buy more fresh cauli!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    I think they are really good too. I too added extra veggies and I had a salad with them too. My favorites are the chicken & broccoli alfredo and the crustless pot pie. They are convenient which is nice. I just got the free "Starter Kit" from the Atkins web page and a buy one get one free coupon came in the package which was nice.
  • aimeehoward73
    Options
    Cheesy Cauliflower Mash and Chicken Pot Pie together sound good. I'll have to try that. :)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Where do you get them? I'm having a hard time finding anything Atkins except the bars.
  • aimeehoward73
    Options
    I found mine at Walmart. I think Krogers has them too.
  • import1a92
    Options
    I found the dinners and breakfast options at my local Super Walmart.

I recently tried the Beef Merlot, Meatloaf with Portobella Mushroom Gravy and Crustless Chicken Pot Pie on various days. The only one I personally didn't care for was the Meatloaf with Portobella Mushroom Gravy. To me it seemed spicy and dry. Almost comparable to cardboard like. The sodium levels in them are pretty high and I try to adjust what I eat during the day so my sodium levels are not over when I did chose to have these dinners.

Beef Merlot stats: 310 calories, 920g sodium, 9g carbs, 3g fiber, 3g sugar, 16 protein

Crustless Chicken Pot Pie stats: 330 calories, 880g sodium, 8g carbs, 3g Fiber, 2g sugar, 22g protein

Meatloaf with Portobella Mushroom Gravy stats: 320 calories, 640g sodium, 11g carbs, 4g fiber, 2g sugar, 23g protein
  • LaJaunaF
    Options
    Where do you get them? I'm having a hard time finding anything Atkins except the bars.
    Super Walmart sells them right now. I think the market will expand next month.
  • import1a92
    Options
    I tried the Tex-Mex Scramble this morning for breakfast and it was surprisingly good. I had microwaved mine at 4:30 according to the box, it came out a bit on the dry and slightly over cooked side. The eggs were not rubbery at all! There was BARELY any cheese at all on mine and on the box it says/shows otherwise... I don't generally like sausage to begin with, but to try something different and new, it's worth a shot. The sodium level is extremely high on this meal, so plan accordingly and drink more water!

I also purchased, but have not tried yet the Chicken Broccoli Alfredo on amieehoward73's good word and the Farmhouse-Style sausage scramble. Of course I am spreading these meals out on different days and I am not completely dependent on them.

Tex-Mex Scramble stats: 360 calories, 1150g sodium, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g sugar, 22g protein

Farmhouse-Style Sausage Scamble stats: 370 calories, 1030g sodium, 6g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugar, 22g protein

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo stats: 330 calories, 1070g sodium, 9g carbs, 4g fiber, 1g sugar, 26g protein
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ha ha - I saw this post as I was eating the Atkins turkey with green beans (can't remember what it's called - box in the trash) - maybe turkey with pan gravy? Something like that. I thought it was good and would buy it again - I just kind of stirred everything up together. It had a pretty good portion size of green beans. I'm sure the sodium is over the top in all of them, like most frozen meals. I usually have some sort of salad for lunch, but these are good when I'm sick of salad. Hmmm, this one probably would have been good with mashed cauli. I haven't tried the pot pie - must try that one. I did like the beef merlot. I wasn't too crazy about the breakfast one I tried - some sort of scramble with sausage. I personally don't care for microwaved egg dishes anyway, but thought I'd try it. I also got mine at Super Walmart. I wish Publix would carry them!
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I tried the Chicken Broccoli Alfredo and it was DELISH! I agree that it's a bit skimpy though...adding veggies is a great idea! Of course, it is a great alternative if you have to just have a quick bite for lunch or something at work. :) LOVED IT!
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Walmart is where I found them, but you can also order online straight from the website I think. :)
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I looked at these. All of them contain soy. I won't be eating them.
  • kassandracat
    kassandracat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hate them! Lol. I feel like I am the only one, I have never heard anyone else not love them though, it must just be me :laugh: I wish I liked them, I love being able to just warm something up instead of meal prep, oh well lol.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I found them at Walmart on the end cap. Tried the pot pie and chicken Alfredo. Loved the chicken Alfredo but not so crazy about the pot pie. Plus, it did not seem like much food for 5 carbs. I make a homemade Alfredo sauce and add fresh broccoli and baked chicken that has almost the same carbs for about twice the amount of food! But these dinners are much more convenient! I have not tried the beef merlot and I think I saw an ad in a magazine for another flavor...maybe it was pot roast or turkey and gravy. I can't remember but my Walmart didn't have it.
  • aimeehoward73
    Options
    I'm still liking them, but starting to get tired of a few of them. The last time I had the pot pie I wasn't liking it quite as much as the first time. I think I need to start spreading them out more. I was bringing them for lunch at work everyday. I still think my favorite is the chicken and broccoli alfredo. I had the farmhouse scrambled eggs yesterday for breakfast (I only eat it when I work a 12 hour shift and don't have time to make breakfast). I cook it for 4 minutes instead of what the box says. I cook the chicken and broccoli about 30 seconds longer than what the box says because I prefer my broccoli mushy. LOL! I hope they come out with more flavors in the future.