Hi all

Options
tpittsley77
tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
Hey everyone.... just learned of this group thru the main forums. Doesn't seem like a very active group though. I'm a 37 yo woman born with aortic stenosis. Had corrective surgery at 7 and will have valve replacement when I am older. Hope you are all well.

Replies

• southofreason
    southofreason Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello -- I just jumped on here too. I'm 44, and learned that I have congentially corrected transposition at age 26. No real issues at that time, but then again I was thinner and exercising regularly. :ohwell: Now, well, my stressful job (read: stress eating), lack of activity, and weight gain are catching up with me, and if I want to have a shot at staying healthy, I need to fix this.

My defect comes with a likely risk of valve replacement and/or pacemaker as time goes on.

Nice to meet you all.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you!! I'm a CHD mom, always very interested in your stories and learning more about CHDs.
  • SME1976
    SME1976 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!

I am Mom to a CHD warrior... 4yrs old born with TGA/VSD, surgically corrected at 1 week. He is such a wonderful ball of energy. He just had his yearly and has zero restriction. in fact the doctor gave the ok for him to participate in the PA Spartan Kids Obstacle Race in 2013.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I was born with Tetralogy of Fallot
  • ONA79
    ONA79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm almost 34, born with Pulmonary stenosis. Five surgeries before I was 8 years old. Started gaining weight during puberty, never able to lose it between not being able to fully work out at the level needed and not knowing how to eat properly. Valve replacement in '03 and suddenly I was able to do things I had never done. Yo-yo dieted for the next 4 years until having my first kid. Then diagnosed with hypothyroidism and weight got out of control. Got back to pre-pregnant weight only to get pregnant again. Complications during 2nd pregnancy lead to finding a small ASD. Now I'm on a mission to finally get all the stars lined up and be a good example for my kids and be as healthy as possible before the next surgery so it goes as smoothly as possible.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I was born with an aterial septal defect (hole in the heart) that they didn't find until I was 24 and as it was quite large I had open heart surgery to fix it. Three years on and life is going well for me! I've lost 16 kilos so far and I'm half way to my goals :)

Good luck in your weight loss and health, I wish you the best!