Yay me!

Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
Week 8.1. My phone battery died just after my halfway point. No cues, no music. I pushed forward and ran what I think was the full 28 minutes anyway. I'm so proud of myself and so amazed that I (*me!!!*) was able to do that.

It sounds so ridiculous when I say it out loud. Like I'd ever be able to do anything like that (:laugh: )

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    This is great!! You did it!!!!
    I was (and still am) just like you. I'm absolutely amazed that I can do this. I've never achieved jogging for this length of time either and yet.....here we both are.

Congratulations!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Congratulations to you too! Who knew running could be so awesome?
  • meredithfp
    meredithfp Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job! I hate when my phone dies along the way. So far it's only happened twice and it was near the end, so I ended up pretty sure about my time. I've been kinda surprised at how much my run sucks my battery. I suppose it's because I have Audible, Runkeeper, Fitbit and C25K all running at once.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    That would do it :)

When I started, I had 10% power left, but my husband was napping with my sick baby. I wasn't sure when she'd wake up so just I put on my shoes and went.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Just finished W8 D2. I was slower than the past couple of days, couldn't really get into it until I was about half through. I think I need to start stretching (I like the stretches in Rodale's Book of Walking, so I'll try those again).
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Way to go, good for you.
  • veganashley
    veganashley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    so awesome! well done ... great commitment!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Just finished W8 D2. I was slower than the past couple of days, couldn't really get into it until I was about half through. I think I need to start stretching (I like the stretches in Rodale's Book of Walking, so I'll try those again).

Way to go!! Speed will come with time; not to worry. You did it and that's the great thing.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Alright. W8 D3 down yesterday (with the stroller on a very flat multi-use trail). I'm on the home stretch!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You are so close!!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    9.1 yesterday. I pray every day that I'll be able to finish. Please: no cold, no injury, no family emergencies, just let me complete this week!!!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    9.1 yesterday. I pray every day that I'll be able to finish. Please: no cold, no injury, no family emergencies, just let me complete this week!!!

Lol. I need to start praying that, too.
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    That's awesome. I do week 5, day 2 tomorrow. I am dreading, day 3, but strangely looking forward to it as well.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    W5D3 was my second favorite run. Once I was done :) It really is a goal and an accomplishment, but you'll be fine. I saw what you posted elsewhere about findng your correct speed. That's exactly what you needed to do to complete week 5.