W5 Lets Go!

Options
W5D1 Not 100% but still a success! More prepared for D2! Looking for some great results this week! The hibiscus tea is great!

Replies

• jkcathey
    jkcathey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Hang in there!
  • wandafit4life
    wandafit4life Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    W5D4 in the morning! So far so good! Love the hibiscus tea and I'm adding the flax-seed to my shake so I don't even notice a difference in taste. It is making it way more filling. sorry if its tmi but lots of GAS this week!
  • michele73
    Options
    I had a tough time this past week. Tonight I am officially done with week 5. I did not do a good job with the flax seed. I don't care for it so I didn't always use it. I wasn't consistent with the lemon water. I couldn't find the right hibiscus tea in the supermarket and had to get one called red zinger since it was made with hibiscus. I got the only cranberry juice I could find which said 100% cranberry juice with no added suger but then when I got home I noticed the label say it was made with other juices like pear and grape. Weird! The other thing I got tired of was the same snack list the entire week. I actually had more trouble this week than the detox week. On top of it, I got a foot injury the beginning of the week that kept me from working out. So, I only lost a pound as of Sunday but Tomorrow is officially my weigh in. I am happy that this week is my last week and then Sunday I am going on a cruise!
  • hikaratedeb
    hikaratedeb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 5 got the cranberry juice but cant find the hibiscus tea got a mixture hope it works. Had a few stumbles last week but back on track today. Good luck this week lucky you its your last one.
  • dld71084
    Options
    Did you add anything to the tea like stevia or anything. I start on Monday week 5 but wasn't sure how it taste without some kind of sweetener
  • rlb8788
    rlb8788 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ugh, the flaxseed oil and water mix is killing me.. I can't really get it down =/ Thinking about taking tablets instead
  • dld71084
    Options
    The cranberry juice is what did me in. I almost threw up. How do you get it down.
  • MarcieSwitzer
    MarcieSwitzer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Seltzer saved me on the cranberry juice and the hibiscus tea. I loved the flavor of the cranberry but it was too strong so I cut it 1:1 with seltzer and saved the rest of the can for the tea. I added stevia to the tea once or twice but it didn't really help. I don't like herbal teas. The flaxseed oil is just plain nasty, but my bowels are loving it so I'm trying not to complain. Anyone planning on trying the capsules instead of the oil, you need to figure out how to get 2 tsp of oil. In case no one saw Dr. Smith's tweet--its 2 tsp NOT 2 T of oil. Huge difference! Stevia helps the cranberry juice, too.

I find myself wanting more snacks this week. I'm thinking my body is adjusting to the smaller meals and is just rebelling. I need to be stronger and tell it no. The weight is coming down, just not as quickly as I'd like.
  • MarcieSwitzer
    MarcieSwitzer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to Week 6. I have a place to get awesome whole grain bread and I'm going to have it sliced thin and enjoy it thoroughly.
  • rlb8788
    rlb8788 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Anyone planning on trying the capsules instead of the oil, you need to figure out how to get 2 tsp of oil. In case no one saw Dr. Smith's tweet--its 2 tsp NOT 2 T of oil. Huge difference!

Well that explains it.. I think I could get 2 teaspoons down.. I tried with tablespoons yesterday and it was very difficult. Thank you so much!
  • dld71084
    Options
    I have really blown it this whole week I mean like out of control blow it. I'm thinking about starting over but think it might be better to just go back with week 1 instead of doing week 5. I only need to loose about 7 pounds and I think I was just getting frustrated bc I wasn't loosing much. I know since I don't have much left to loose for goal weight I won't loose as much as others but I just couldn't take it any more. I wanted chips and salsa. And cookies. Keep in mind I never used to eat it but my body told me too even though I ate too much.

Thoughts. Week 1 and start over or just do week 5 again. I didn't even make it through day 1 of week 5. I think the cranberry juice and tea did me in.
  • egarthwait
    egarthwait Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have really blown it this whole week I mean like out of control blow it. I'm thinking about starting over but think it might be better to just go back with week 1 instead of doing week 5. I only need to loose about 7 pounds and I think I was just getting frustrated bc I wasn't loosing much. I know since I don't have much left to loose for goal weight I won't loose as much as others but I just couldn't take it any more. I wanted chips and salsa. And cookies. Keep in mind I never used to eat it but my body told me too even though I ate too much.

Thoughts. Week 1 and start over or just do week 5 again. I didn't even make it through day 1 of week 5. I think the cranberry juice and tea did me in.

Start over with week 5. You can do it!!
  • masrite
    masrite Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I start week 5 on Monday. A little nervous of the headline: Cleanse! Kind of looked ahead to see what to expect. We shall see. Can't wait to weigh myself Monday morning to see how I've done this week. Feeling good and skinny! My husband keeps on telling me how great I'm looking. That helps a lot. Reading what everyone is saying about week 5 makes me a bit nervous, but, I'll do it!!
  • Fattygasted
    Fattygasted Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Start over with week 5. You can do it!!

Hey, week 5 is difficult, but I find it helpful to keep reading the book and reading ahead also to keep me focused. Also, in the book he states that your weight loss will be minimal if you have a low number of pounds to lose. Just keep pushing through and you will make it. I find it helpful to read these posts as they are good words of encouragement. I just want to note that I was thoroughly pissed yesterday because over the past 4 weeks I only lost 3 pounds. It has me rethinking the number of pounds that I am trying to lose. Good luck and keep going!
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Great going everyone. Hang in there.