Progress thrad! GTFIH

Options
I know you can track the *kitten* on your prof, but then it updates your cals and you gotta go and change up *kitten*, and worry bout fluctuations, so I figured we could have a thread where we update if we want.

Recomping @2200 cals atm (40% carbs, 35% protonz, 25% fat), on my 12th month of 5/3/1
weighed in today: 179.8#'s
goal: 175? sub 10%? whichever comes first - might bump my cals up a little. Long term 180-185 @10%bf

Replies

• kdaaawwgg
    Options
    cutting at 1900-2k calories, recovering from surgery so on own training program atm.

Start weight 200 pounds, atm 159,

goals= about 145 pounds, ideally around 10-11% cutting till march 15th or so, reverse diet till may/june - then lean bulk for X amt of time.
  • hostessfactory
    Options
    I started at 225 lbs of pure adipose tissue in 2011. At that point I started lifting and dieting some, but I was doing so without direction and soon I plateaued at 200 pounds. Then, my lifting and dieting became erratic and I maintained 200# for a little bit. Around the end of the summer of 2012 I got serious.

Since then, diet has been on point almost all the time (minus a week on xmas and weekend for my bday). I am cutting on very low carbs on non lifting days (42.5P/42.5F/15C) and on lifting day (40P/35F/25C) at 1900/cal. I have lost around 25#'s (now 174#) since the summer, but still look soft. Hopefully I start seeing some cut's soon. Once I am ~12% I plan to do a long term lean bulk.

Lift's went up a little when I started, but these days pretty much stay the same. Every once and a while I break a PR. My routine is lifting 3 days a week in a similar fashion to the program talked about on LeanGains.
  • sooner24
    Options
    very nice brahs. former fatty all throughout high school, so although my top abs have been showing for months I still have thick love handles and a belly pooch :( they're shrinking though!
  • hostessfactory
    Options
    I still don't have top abs showing... with love handles and lower belly fat of peace
  • Sullerson
    Sullerson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Currently cutting at ~2000 cals. 40/35/25 (c/p/f) I am a former fatty that lost 62lbs last year, but had 0 muscle. I started bulking in September and hit 196 at the end of December. I am now slowly cutting back down to hit around 170 for summer. Will bulk again come fall, but do it a bit slower this time so I gain less flab.
  • sooner24
    Options
    Been keeping a workout journal for the past 12 months (at the end of feb). Ima make a real thrad on the misc but just looking at my body weight alone I started around 188 in feb 2012, hovered around 185 during the summer, got up to 198 mid october, cut down and held 185-190 till december, held 185 over xmas break, and now I'm sitting pretty at 180. Much bigger, learner, and way stronger now than any other time (except for the 198, my main lifts are just now catching back up, but at nearly a 20 pound deficit that's damn good).

edit: oh yeah 180# OHP at after 2 of my 3 working sets! I'm try to hit 190# plus and be 175# by the end of the OHP contest on misc. Gunnin' for that grand prize BRAHS!!
  • Vlly4life15
    Vlly4life15 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i dunno how I feel brahs. been kinda down. But I keep getting strong while cutting calories. Need to get better about logging everything though
  • ArabAesthetic
    Options
    Started at 83kg, didn't know how it goes and had no knowledge about nutrition.
    - Furk'd myself with cardio every single day and was eating 1,200cal "fukin' miserable.
    - After three months I got down to 62kg "lowest I got" and shot my metabolism.
    - Started learning more about nutrition and started weight lifting hard and increased my cals to 1,600.
    - Came across Layne Norton "Metabolic Damage" video and started my reverse diet. "adding 100cal every week".
    - Right now I am at 2,400 cal and still manage to lose weight and feel much better with more muscle mass.

POINT IS... never go so low on cutting guy's, you'd be surprised how many calories you can diet at and still see the results you want.
  • sooner24
    Options
    177.4 cuzzez

gotta hit dat 175 by spring break. lol just chilling at home for a week.. but i AM doing a 5 pound burger challenge. gonna make that my *****. already won a belgian waffle challenge and a chicken riggie challenge