Am I the only Guy getting Lap Band?

Options
Fredrigo
Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
I'm surfing the discussion groups and I'm used to seeing more woman than men posting on MyFitnessPal in general but I just realized I haven't noticed any other men posting in the lap band group and I'm starting to feel increasingly self conscious about it.

Replies

• JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The Lap Band seems to be a more popular option for women than for men for sure, but I am sure there are some guys out there I guess guys just don't post on forums as much as women, In my post surgical mandatory 12 weeks of nutrition and exercise classes there were about 20 people on average and only about 2 or 3 other guys, I think one of them was a bander. Don't feel self conscious the women here are all great!
  • 130down
    130down Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sorry not a lap bander, but I will be happy to offer any help as you go through the journey. Often I am the only guy in my monthly support group meetings. I had RNY 1 1/2 years ago and have maintained my 130 loss. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Andrewimm
    Options
    Not a bander either, but I do know other guys that did Lap Band so you are not alone. You have to do what is best for you and what you feel most comfortable with.
  • dinger669
    dinger669 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a guy, and I was banded in Oct '12. I have noticed that a lot of women are getting this opposed to men. I did a lot of research on the different types or surgeries, and I came to the conclusion that this was the safest and best option for me.

I wouldn't worry much about the posts. Most guys really don't need the big support system, as they do fine on their own or with in the gym group.