Today Instead of Binging I....

Options
Actually yesterday was a troublesome day for me. All my plans go turned upside down and I found myself just sitting in my room looking at the floor. Saturday I had already gone over my calories and I didn't want to do it again just because I got disappointed.

I had to find something to do other than graze.

I made lists, came up with a recipe to make dressing out of this greek yogurt I bought-and made it, and I sketched.
Lists make me feel productive and drawing zones me out and calms me down.

I ended up staying within my calorie goal, and I'm proud of myself.

Replies

• 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Day at a time, and that day sounded like a success keeping within your cals! Awesome distractions! :)

You inspire me!
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Recognizing that the one day was an "oops" day and moving on is exactly what you needed to do. It's also awesome you recognize how to pull yourself out of a slump (drawing), many people need to find out "what works" for them...I clean...not as cathartic as your activity...but it works :)
  • realnurse26
    realnurse26 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Very inspirational!
  • hollyjjohnson
    hollyjjohnson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love that! I just downloaded a meditation app to my phone. I figure that if I can close my eyes for 15 minutes and re-group, then maybe I can make it another 45 minutes without going to the vending machines, fridge, etc when I'm just not hungry. I totally lost it last week for about two days, but I think I've re-grouped. Haven't been on the scale to see the damage -- I'm kind of waiting until tomorrow -- hoping that a little of the extra water weight from all of the sodium will be gone. Fingers crossed!
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Recognizing that the one day was an "oops" day and moving on is exactly what you needed to do. It's also awesome you recognize how to pull yourself out of a slump (drawing), many people need to find out "what works" for them...I clean...not as cathartic as your activity...but it works :)

I clean a lot too. Two cats and wood floors. The place their fur gets!
    It can be pretty zen sweeping up.