CLX Turbo Jam Hybrid

Options
I've been doing the CLX TJ hybrid for about 3 weeks now and I love it. I was just wondering if anyone has done it?

I am curious as to how you guys eat while doing these workouts... do you stick with the 1500-1600 calorie guideline set by Chalene, or do you eat more or less?

I got the hybrid sched from some random website and so far i rarely do strength and cardio on the same day. Any opinions on that? Before i started to workout at home i would do strength and cardio on the same day, everyday (different muscle groups though). But most days I'm only burning about 300-400 cals through exercise, is that enough?

Replies

• shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I add on my own cardio workouts to Chalean Extreme, but just randomly, not following any particular schedule.

Calorie-wise, I am sticking to the 1200 calories on my MFP food diary.

If I have time, after one of the strength training workouts, I like to add on some cardio, like the elliptical at the gym.
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did a hybrid of CLX and Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire about a year and a half ago. I would do CLX M,W,F and a turbo workout T, Th, Sat. and I had good results. What really started to shred the fat on me was when I added a 15 to 20 minute HIIT workout after CLX on Monday and Friday. I did stick to the 1500 to 1600 calorie recommendation as well.

There are pics in my profile. The one in the dressing room is week 7 (before I added the HIIT workouts). The pic in my daughters messy room was taken at week 12 (after the HIIT workouts were added)

I am going to be starting a new round soon. Can't wait to see results again!

Good luck!

Tracy
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to know that others have had success with at TF hybrid that wasn't a rigid schedule. After I finish this first "maiden voyage" round of CLX, I plan to take a week or two off to familiarize myself with TF, and then I'll make my own hybrid.

My current thoughts are similar to tracylee's. CLX 3x/week, with two additional days of cardio (running or TF/TJ). The main thing I want to do this next time around is to incorporate the HIITS into CLX lifting days. So, I'm glad to know that works!
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    No way could I survive on the too low 1200 set by MFP. I did Dan's roadmap here on MFP to find my individual calorie needs tailored to me and went from there. As I've dropped body fat, I've redone it. You can search the community for "Dan's roadmap 2.0" to find it, hundreds of people here have had success with it. I use that as my calorie guide. So I'm usually around 1500-1600 before working out. And I eat 5-6 times a day at a ratio of 40-30-30 roughly. Works for me.

I love doing a hybrid. But I follow it loosely. I just fit in whatever TF I feel like between by CLX workouts. I just finished my first week of Lean and am loving my results!!