When does REAL fat loss start?

Options
Hi everyone!
I've been in ketosis for about a week; yucky breath, Ketostix say positive (most of the time). Can someone tell me when the REAL fat loss starts? When did you start noticing a real difference in your body? I'm guessing 3-4 weeks??
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yay! congrats! The real fat loss comes when all the water weight is gone, and all the sugar is gone from your muscles, and your body relents to burning fat for energy instead of glucose. I lost 14 pounds in the first 2 weeks, then it slowed down some, so for me, I think that was the point. Though I'll share this, I know the exact moment that my muscles ran out of glucose. I was swimming, or trying to....and my body completely gave out. It was like swimming through quicksand, and I pulled a bunch of muscles trying to complete my normal workout...and hurt for 3 days after...lol. congrats on ketosis!!!
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    I think it varies for most people. For me, I saw a quick 10-15 lbs drop over the first 2 weeks, then a steady 10 lb a month drop over the next 6 months. Results will vary depending on your activity level and how much you need to lose. During the same period where I lost 60 lbs my brother lost 30 following almost the same food regimen but he had a lot less to lose then I did. Just remind yourself that it didn't go on overnight and won't go off overnight..it's a journey. When you all of a sudden start feeling a ton more energy...that's when you'll start seeing more weight loss. That's when you're in a good state of nutritional ketosis and all the sugar/frankenfoods crap has left your system. Takes a good month or so for most people. Keto on!
  • vickiwo55
    Options
    Wow, guys! Thank you so much for you helpful posts; I TRULY appreciate it your time!!
    Interesting info there, and strange how all of a sudden you couldn't move! I haven't expreienced that yet. I've gotten in ketosis about 2 other times in my life and both times it didn't last; I gave up after about 2 weeks. So I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses as I do it correctly this time.
    THanks a ton again! =)
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have never felt a loss of energy during keto. It is always accompanied by an energy increase, mental clarity, and feeling better about myself (loss of depression). But every body is different. I'm not an athlete. My life is quite sedentary.