Phase 2 - Workout 5

Options
a_new_dawn
a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
Workout 5 is a 37-minute metabolic circuit training workout focusing on the front of the body that you perform during weeks 5 & 6 of the program. It also marks the start of Phase 2 of the program in which the intensity and impact of the workouts increase. The workout follows the same pattern as the other metabolic training workouts in the system: short warm-up, 4 circuits repeated twice and a short cool down. Each circuit consists of 4 exercises performed back-to-back with a 1-minute cardio interval before repeating the circuit again. The workout consists of the following circuits:

Circuit 1 – pushups with side plank rotation, tricep pulses in crescent pose, jumping squats and tricep pulses in crescent pose . Cardio interval: mountain climbers.
Circuit 2 – wood choppers, shoulder press in sumo squat position, wood choppers and scissor abs. Cardio interval: high knees.
Circuit 3 – cable chest fly in crescent pose, crab dips with one leg raised, cable chest fly in crescent pose and crab dips with one leg raised. Cardio interval: cable punches.
Circuit 4 – single leg squat with front raise, lying tricep press, single leg squat with front raise and lying tricep press. Cardio interval: speed rope

Replies

• TakeTimeToCare19
    Options
    Oh Crap! Good luck to us!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Oh Crap! Good luck to us!

lol! I copied and pasted all that info and only just properly read it.. Sounds like an "interesting" workout :noway:

let's do it!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Started phase 2 today..

workout 5 hammered my arms. Probably because my upper body strength has never been fantastic but i do think the workout in itself is a definite step up. This is the first BR workout I've felt challenged in so far, ok not to the point of dying but i feel worked...and i know i will hurt in the morning! The hard work starts here i think!! But i wanna have sex with the lights on...hell yeah!!:bigsmile: :blushing:
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    So..

i did my last day of workout 5 today, omg.. Even after 4 goes at it parts of that workout still made me want to cry..circuit 3 being the main offender. Those super sets really hammered my arms.

It's very much a love/hate relationship with this workout. My arms are one of the main areas i want to see improvement, so although i found it tough, i know its what i need to do to get the changes i desire. Nothing comes for free!

the strength in my arms has never been great, but it is improving... And that's what it's all about. I hope that one day my arms look toned and sexy because I've spent most of my life being self-conscious about them.
  • JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    work out 5 - hard but good burn!
  • seabeckteach
    Options
    Oh my word. This was SO hard. SOOOOOOOOOO hard.
  • Mazzela5
    Options
    I'm afraid. lol. I am heading to go workout right now starting Phase II today. Yikes!!!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I'm afraid. lol. I am heading to go workout right now starting Phase II today. Yikes!!!

Wellll????? You survive? Lol.
  • Mazzela5
    Options
    I SURVIVED!!!! lol. My arms felt like mush afterward. I also managed to do 12 minutes on the spin bike afterward. :) I can't believe how much I love Jillian's workouts. They are tough, but effective. Tomorrow I am doing workout 6 first thing in the morning. I'll check in tomorrow :)
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I SURVIVED!!!! lol. My arms felt like mush afterward. I also managed to do 12 minutes on the spin bike afterward. :) I can't believe how much I love Jillian's workouts. They are tough, but effective. Tomorrow I am doing workout 6 first thing in the morning. I'll check in tomorrow :)

Good for you for getting it done! I think WO5 is a tough one! Keep those great workouts coming!!
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just did this for the first time. I agree circuit three is a killer!!!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Just did this for the first time. I agree circuit three is a killer!!!

Just think of those beautiful arms that are in the making!

Then again - you already have beautiful arms!! :wink:

Good work for getting it done!
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ouch! My poor shoulders don't know what's hit them! I couldn't even do those crab things in phase one so I'm just trying to get them perfected, doubt I'll be getting my legs up too much but did try a few! Bring on those strappy tops in the summer!
  • tooshee
    tooshee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just finished it for the second time and absolutely hate it! :) especially the crabs and lying triceps push ups--my legs are not 100% straight for this one!. Although I must admit that this time around I was able to do all the exercises more accurately
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Just 4 times then it's gone forever ladies...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yay progress!! Today I managed to get through all the sets of crabs with proper form, woohoo, ok I didn't lift my legs but I'll get there eventually, I always try one, just in case I like it as jillian says haha!
  • lolaluv4
    lolaluv4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ouch. First did this workout two days ago and im still sore... is it weird i cant wait to do it again!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    First time through on this one was yesterday for me... The front of my shoulders and my hips are sore. :frown:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    First time through on this one was yesterday for me... The front of my shoulders and my hips are sore. :frown:
    And I hate circuit 3. Partly because in circuit 2 she says something about just one more circuit, which is, of course, a big fat LIE... But also because of the resistance band work. I don't have the band that should have come with the program, apparently it didn't come with the package my mom ordered for me... Regardless, I even bought new resistance bands and I have to pull really hard to keep my arms up where they should be for the flies... It just seems like the band they're all using is somehow different from the rubber hose-type bands I have... Anyway, circuit 3 sucks. Other than that, I don't mind workout 5 too terribly bad. lol
  • lesleyworth
    lesleyworth Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    completed for the first time yesterday and I really enjoyed it! However my arms are dead (in a good non-zombie way)!