Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Naturally kicking Candida's butt!!

I've been getting quite out of hand eating foods I am clearly not supposed to be eating... The flare-ups are horrible and uncomfortable so yesterday I went out and bought the Yeast Buster goodbye candida starter kit (gosh its expensive) the trick with killing off candida is consistancy which has been quite challenging. Darn food! After filling out the questionnaire, I self-diagnosed my severity to moderate, that means following this super strict diet for at least 6-8 weeks... before I can think about phasing out treatments and adopting a candida-free diet for a while. Good thing I've been through the process before (but not keeping it up) so I know what I am getting into :ohwell:

Day 1) started the yeast buster kit, 1 tsp caproil, 1 tsp psyllium husk & seeds + 1 tbsp of bentonite clay mixed in with 1 cup of filtered water... oh what a challenge that was to swallow it quickly. Tonight, 2 capsules of acidophillus before bed. Only allowed 'yes' foods (found everywhere online) for the next 2-3 weeks...

Replies

• NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Hmm I'm not a big fan of clay and psyllium.. they can bind you up pretty bad and aren't really necessary imho. To each his own though. Be sure to get your 8 measuring cups + of water in per day.. especially taking psyllium.

In my experience, the candida type issues can be brought under control purely by eliminating sugars for a month or two.. no need for unusual supplements.
  • Yes, everyone has their way of getting their candida symptoms under control ;) I've done clay & soluble fibre in September and it worked wonders with a very restrictive diet... and was really doing well until my bf & I took a break, then all hell broke lose in the sense that I would eat away my emotions and carb up. I have bad flare-ups and i had been having a hard time getting it back under control so I took the hard approach, go hard or go home. Day 1 was successful, had MAJOR sweet cravings at around 4PM, which is my weak time of day, slow cooked an extra large egg and that did the trick in keeping me satisfied until supper.

Day 2 concoction has been drunk... I have a fever & sore throat (damn you, weak immune system) so i am sipping on honey-lemon tea from Tim Hortons as the real deal is not allowed :(

The fact is, when I stick the the candida diet, I feel GREAT so might as well start being good, right?
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    I hear ya, I'm in the same place as far as I feel great when I stick with it so I am trying to stay with it. When I have a bad sweet craving I portion myself out a reasonable portion of unsweetened applesauce and it helps take the edge off of it for me.