Welcome to all the new peeps!

Options

Replies

• thehalls98
    thehalls98 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Invite!! Anyone else in Columbus, IN?
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Invite!! Anyone else in Columbus, IN?

I know I've invited quite a few from Columbus..... not sure how many have joined yet.
  • sullyco1
    Options
    Thanks for the invite. I am a 46 yr old former athlete/referee(before 6 knee surgeries), father, grandfather in the Indy area. I am now pretty much restricted to walking. Makes the road a little longer but it has worked so far. Had the family working with me but they have all met their goals. Wife still makes sure we eat pretty healthy but I had the most to lose. Currently down 35-40, struggling through the winter so I can get back outside on walks. Treadmill really boring with just walking. Started out at .5 mile but by this fall was up to 2.5-3 miles 5-6 days a week. Knees feel better now than they have in years. We all need support and this group is just another tool for that. Thanks!!
  • tams5899
    tams5899 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks for inviting me...i'm still relatively new in the area (2 1/2 yrs) and don't know a ton of people. i work downtown and would love to find other runners for when the weather breaks. i've been running for about a year, did the festival 500 5k last year and have registered for the mini this year. i'm 54 and am not looking to go super hard or fast, but enough to challenge myself and stay healthy/young! as soon as i can i'll be heading outside mon - fri to run the canal about 11:15, if anyone else is available, i would appreciate the company!
  • shteacherlady
    Options
    Thanks for the Invite:)

I am a 26 year old mom to 3 and wife of 14 years. I am a teacher, but teach 7-8 science at an online school. I work at home so I'm on my butt too much. I live in Plainfield, IN and work out at Planet Fitness over here...LOVE it! They are uber helpful...the employees and the other members!

My husband and I are on this journey together, but her recently moved to Las Vegas for a job. We will be moving to Florida in 16 months, but that means I fella lone in this now.

I'm glad I have a group who can support me here!
  • docHumphreys
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!!! Sounds awesome!
  • elevatorguy925
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! Just wanted to say hello to the Indy folks, I am near Brownsburg and have been on MFP for about 1 year
  • sinda73
    Options
    Yes thank you for the invite, it will be nice to have the extra support. Please anyone want to friend me is welcome, I love having support and friends! I love feed back and will give support as well. :wink:
  • chrisaray
    chrisaray Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks for the invite too! The more friends the merrier!!! Have a great Wednesday!
  • jenknight55
    jenknight55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! Glad to be part of this group, it looks like there are a lot of good topics being talked about.
  • bbrown148
    bbrown148 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite as well and too see so many Indiana faces! I'm in the 5K walking "group" too now at my weight but ideally want to be in the "run" group a year from now! All these mudlathons, etc sound like so much fun and a great way to feel like a kid again! I've been on MFP in the past but never got "involved" in the community and this time around, restarting in Jan, I decided to dive in and get my feet wet and make MFP an active part of my daily life. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Thanks for the invite as well and too see so many Indiana faces! I'm in the 5K walking "group" too now at my weight but ideally want to be in the "run" group a year from now! All these mudlathons, etc sound like so much fun and a great way to feel like a kid again! I've been on MFP in the past but never got "involved" in the community and this time around, restarting in Jan, I decided to dive in and get my feet wet and make MFP an active part of my daily life. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Once you feel you have enough weight off to attempt running a bit, I highly recommend the couch to 5k program.... It will have you feeling like a runner within weeks... I'm still 60 pounds overweight, and can easily run a 5k, thanks to it.
  • FloweringPeony
    FloweringPeony Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the invite! I would really like to get to know people in the area and form a supportive exercise group for occasional runs/walks or anything along those lines! :smile:
  • CraftySissy
    Options
    Thanks for the invite.

I have been working through the C25K with hopes of completing one some day in the near future.

Anyone from the Muncie/Yorktown area/
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Thanks for the invite.

I have been working through the C25K with hopes of completing one some day in the near future.

Anyone from the Muncie/Yorktown area/

I live about 20 minutes west of Yorktown in Frankton. I'm over that way every week or two for a wrestling practice for my kid... (it used to be more often through the winter, but it's slacking off as he gets older. Are you going to be ready for that Shamrock 5k they're having over there? (I think it's run/walk so you should be....) I was thinking about doing that...
  • CraftySissy
    Options
    I don't know if I will be ready yet. I'll try to find out more about it and let you know.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    I don't know if I will be ready yet. I'll try to find out more about it and let you know.

http://www.americamultisport.com/events/shamrock/
  • esper2142
    Options
    Thanks for the invitation Coolhand1969.

You know those people who think it's cute and kitschy to call themselves a 'geek'? Well, I'm about as true a geek as you're ever going to meet. A network engineer by trade, a linux and programming enthusiast by night. That being said, I definitely consider myself a people person and am excited to have joined a group full of motivated locals.

I've already lost nearly 40 lbs and am halfway to my goal. I've currently hit a bit of a plateau, but have stepped up my game to compensate.

I feel better than I have EVER felt, and appreciate the opportunity for further motivation and support.

I accept friend requests, and will actively support you and provide feedback!