Need Calorie laden low carb food recommendations...

emstethem
emstethem Posts: 263 Member
Ok, I'm loving eating low carb, but I'm not reaching my calorie goals...I need recommendations of low carb but calorie heavy foods...any suggestions?

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs (egg salad is my favorite calorie/fat bomb), sugar-free peanut butter.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    All that strawmama said plus cheese, flaxseed, and pork.
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Avocado...bacon....pork....heavy whipping cream....nuts(if they dont stall you) and fatty cuts of beef like ribeye. Full fat dressings, and coconut oil.
  • aprilelayne
    aprilelayne Posts: 41 Member
    peanut butter...PB2, almond butter, whichever.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Add a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil to your morning coffee. On Atkins, the more fat you eat the more fat you lose. Has no carbs but has the added benefit of helping with the "plumbing".
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    A can of tuna with two tablespoons of mayo! 340 calories right there.
  • emstethem
    emstethem Posts: 263 Member
    Add a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil to your morning coffee. On Atkins, the more fat you eat the more fat you lose. Has no carbs but has the added benefit of helping with the "plumbing".

Thanks! That sounds yummy! I love coconut. :) Will try that! :)
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    I start my day w/4 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon, roughly 450 calories and I'm full well into lunch time. I eat pepporoni and cheese sticks, I use butter and oilve oil, I don't do milk, I use unsweetened almond milk, it has 1 carb per cup.Oh and almond butter and cucumbers are a fav of mine too.
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    If you keep your ratios at: 70% fats, 25% proteins and 5 % carbohydrates your calories will take care of themselves.