Plateau help!

Options
Ok so the dreaded plateau has occurred and I need some tips. I eat around 25 net carbs a day and just started exercising. Is there anything else I can do that will help speed things up and get me over this plateau? Please help!

Replies

• foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You might try a fat fast, if you're in a true plateau(3+weeks) or try adding fat bombs to your diet. You might want to look at your calories...are you eating enough? I've budged a plateau by increasing calories. You might also want to look at those stall type foods....artifical sweetners, nuts, processed foods and such. Plateaus suck. Good luck.
  • mjclark11
    Options
    I've been in a plateau for 4 weeks. And what is a fat bomb? What is an easy way to do that? And should I stop eating those types of things? I thought about doing a fast and I think I might tomorrow. That has always worked for me in the past. Thanks for your help!
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am currently dealing with a plateau of about 3 weeks now :( I believe it is because I am not eating enough. But when I am in Ketosis I am not hungry at all. So I am upping my calories to match my intense work-out regime in hopes this will get me out of the plateau. I was simply not fueling my body for the amount of exercise so my body just stop shedding weight.
  • Wingslapped
    Options
    I read a post recently that talked about nuts and dairy leading to plateaus.

www.reddit.com/r/theketodiet/comments/17v3yu/low_carb_plateaus_may_be_caused_by_nuts_and_cheese/
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    http://wifezillasway.blogspot.com/2012/01/abi-faes-fat-bombs.html

A fat bomb is a way to increase your fat intake.There are different recipes out there if you google it....personally I'd use one without fruit.
  • mjclark11
    Options
    Great thank you!
  • Jack3r
    Jack3r Posts: 96
    Options
    I also have done a fast fast, I did a day of cream cheese, and then switched over to pecans for the remainder 2 days, broke a plateau for me. Good luck.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting broke my plateau when I was 10lbs away from goal. I ate 1500-2000 calories between 8 hours some days and 5 hours some other days.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I broke a couple of plateaus over the last six months and each time it was doing something different.

One was broken by having a heavy carb cheat day. I gained quite a few pounds because of the cheat day (10 actually, talk about a shock!), but it was all water weight and was gone within a couple of days. After that I started loosing again.

I broke another plateau by adding running into my regime. That is around the time I started C25K. It might have been a coincidence because it was around the time most people encounter P.I.S.S..

My last plateau I broke by switching from keto to more of a half *kitten* keto/paleo mix. I do keto for the most part during the week but on the weekends I allow myself a baked potato or an order of fries. I mainly started doing this because on the weekends I can run as long as I want and am not hindered by time clocks and the carbs really do help with running.